XP11 C172SP G1000 Switch Panel

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

stantona@cox.net

XP11 C172SP G1000 Switch Panel

#1 Post by stantona@cox.net »

In the paid Cessna 172 panels for XP11, there is a C172SP G1000 instrument panel. In the lower left of the over all panel, there is a switch panel. At the top of that panel is a three way Standby Bus switch. When I touch the switch (touchscreen monitor) the switch highlights in yellow ready for input from the knobster. Trouble is, it is a switch, not a knob, and the switch is inoperable. If the input mode for the knobster is changed from touch to mouse, same thing happens when the switch is clicked on. The only way the switch can be operated is to bypass AM and click on the switch on the XP11 screen which, for me, requires using the HAT switch to bring the switch into view and clicking with the mouse. Is there any way the switch area can be desensitized to the knobster? I noticed Russ Barlow is the author for the switch panel but I don't know how to contact him on this. Or maybe there is already an update that I don't know about.
Thanks and has anyone else noticed this?

Sling

Re: XP11 C172SP G1000 Switch Panel

#2 Post by Sling »

Did you try turning the knobster when it’s highlighted yellow? FYI all AM switches with 3 or more ways attract the knobster focus because they are often rotary switches.

stantona@cox.net

#3 Post by stantona@cox.net »

Thank you Sling. Yes, I did try but nothing happens. I did not know about the three way switches attracting the knobster. But of course I cannot do anything about that aspect of the knobster since I don't have the code. I did notice Russ Barlow is the author of that switch panel but I don't know how to contact him. Thanks for your reply. Much appreciated.
Alex

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

This switch is not made to work with the Knobster, it uses two buttons. One above the switch and one below. By either pressing above or below the switch, it moves in this direction. When it is in OFF, and you want to do the test, you can either tab once, or keep it pressed. You'll see the green light turning on.

Sling

#5 Post by Sling »

That absolutely makes sense. I also use buttons for these types of switches. The bit that confuses me is why the yellow knobster highlight was showing.

Ralph

#6 Post by Ralph »

I think what Russ did there was using a switch for the images, and control the switch with the buttons. It works, but maybe not the best way to do it. I'll remove the switch part in the 4.0 release of this instrument.

Sling

#7 Post by Sling »

That would explain it. Yes best to remove the switch part altogether and manage the switch graphics as a separate thing.

stantona@cox.net

#8 Post by stantona@cox.net »

Is there a way to remove the Knobster from that one switch?

Ralph

#9 Post by Ralph »

No there isn't, sorry.

stantona@cox.net

#10 Post by stantona@cox.net »

Ralph, just wanting to learn something here. Is the reason I cannot disable that one switch from the knobster is that I do not have access to the code for the knobster? BTW, where is the code for the knobster?
Alex