What should you look for when buying a touchscreen?

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

ryma

What should you look for when buying a touchscreen?

#1 Post by ryma »

I may be thinking of getting a touchscreen for AM.
What should definitely be considered when buying a touchscreen?

jph

Re: What should you look for when buying a touchscreen?

#2 Post by jph »

ryma wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:41 am I may be thinking of getting a touchscreen for AM.
What should definitely be considered when buying a touchscreen?

Proper OS / Driver support.
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

JackZero

#3 Post by JackZero »

If looking for a single screen to run panels and place below your main screen, you should think about the maximum height, especially if the screen sits on top of a yoke. Otherwise you‘ll either have to move your main to a too high position or have parts of it concealed.

It might sound silly, but make a dummy of any screensize (including case) you consider out of paper board and do a test flight to see how your main screen handles in that combination.

Then, put the planed air manager panel on your current screen in the size (not resolution) it would have on the touchscreen to se if buttons are large enough to be easy to hit. And the run it at the resolution you touchscreen would have to see if text renders readable or gets to blurry.

And don’t use touchscreens that don’t have a hdmi in but instead just run on usb3, these will be too slow and use too much cpu.

Best regards
Florian

ryma

#4 Post by ryma »

JackZero wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:13 am If looking for a single screen to run panels and place below your main screen, you should think about the maximum height, . . .
Thank you very much for the interesting tips. These help me further.

Best regards
ryma