DIY knobster and AM beta21

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Andrew Smith

DIY knobster and AM beta21

#1 Post by Andrew Smith »

I put together a DIY knobster last week and it worked fine to start. I 3d printed a case for it and it no longer works...AM sees it and the simulator(MSFS) but the knobs in the sim don't turn when I spin the knobster. I have beta 21 for AM4.0 and beta 16 for the flightsim 3.3 plugin. I unisnatalled AM and deleted the MA and airplugin directories to see if that would help. AM reinstall went fine. When I run the installer for the plugin, it says installed for Xplane 11 and installed for MSFS but only XP shows in the log and there isn't an AIRPLUGIN folder now.
Help.

Andrew

Ralph

Re: DIY knobster and AM beta21

#2 Post by Ralph »

Last time I said this someone got angry, but I'm gonna do it again :lol: Please use the search function:
https://siminnovations.com/forums/searc ... ch=300&t=0

Andrew Smith

#3 Post by Andrew Smith »

I saw that one Ralph. Wasn't sure it applied as I have a diy not the purchaed version. I'll try that file removal.
It works, after I realized how stupid I was...forgot to re-enable the knobster after the update to beta 21 from 19.
Never feel it's a bad thing to remind folks to try searches....even when we have done them...sometimes if you don't get just the right term it won't always find what you need.'

Thanks
Andrew
Last edited by Andrew Smith on Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

The FS2020 log is not in the Air Plugin folder. Make sure that Air Manager indicates that it is connected to the flight simulator. In 99% of all connection issue cases it is the firewall that is causing problems.