Reality XP GTN 750 Power Up

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

AnthonySullivan

Reality XP GTN 750 Power Up

#1 Post by AnthonySullivan »

I purchased the Reality XP 760 and 650 and got them working including making a partial panel. The next time I turned on X-Plane, the GTN 750 and 650 would not power up (turn on). I have tried reloading the software but no difference. I have searched various web sites from where I find many other people have experienced this issue but I could not find any solutions that worked. I have changed the settings to 'Power Always On', the avionics are on, the alternator is running.
I would be very grateful if someone could help me here. So frustrating to spend money, get it all work and then it stops.
Thanks
Anthony

Ralph

Re: Reality XP GTN 750 Power Up

#2 Post by Ralph »

Shouldn't this question be on the RealityXP forums? They probably know more about this there.

jph

#3 Post by jph »

Exactly. 'reality xp' is a bit of a hack.

All major issues should be addressed to them.
I actually bought the reality XP for x-plane 172 - and got a refund within 48 hours as it did nothing apart from a few bits of graphics tweaks such as 'shaking cockpits' etc - or - added what they classed as --- ' true sounds' which were actually totally non sensical as the only way you would ever here those 'sounds' is to fly without a headset on :shock: :? :!: /// hence, the sounds, and most of the other parts were a waste of effort (for me).
Again, just IMHO... ;)
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

atcbill

#4 Post by atcbill »

jph wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:18 pm Exactly. 'reality xp' is a bit of a hack.

I actually bought the reality XP for x-plane 172 - and got a refund within 48 hours as it did nothing apart from a few bits of graphics tweaks such as 'shaking cockpits' etc - or - added what they classed as --- ' true sounds' which were actually totally non sensical as the only way you would ever here those 'sounds' is to fly without a headset on :shock: :? :!: /// hence, the sounds, and most of the other parts were a waste of effort (for me).
Again, just IMHO... ;)
I believe you are thinking of XPRealistic which provides what you are describing, "cockpit realism". Reality-XP makes GTN 750/650 and GNS 530/430 instruments.

jph

#5 Post by jph »

atcbill wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:08 pm
jph wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:18 pm Exactly. 'reality xp' is a bit of a hack.

Again, just IMHO... ;)
I believe you are thinking of XPRealistic which provides what you are describing, "cockpit realism". Reality-XP makes GTN 750/650 and GNS 530/430 instruments.
Apologies, yes, you are correct.
I must be getting old
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

AnthonySullivan

#6 Post by AnthonySullivan »

Yes I know that it is not really an Air Manager issue although the problem did arise after I set up a partial panel.
For anyone with the same issues, the problem is Windows 10 Defender and general approach to viruses.

If you turn off Defender and set up exclusions for the folders used by Garmin Trainer and by Reality XP, then download everything again, it works fine. You need to search for relevant folders as Windows scatters them around in different places.
You turn Defender back on again of course once it is all working.

The Reality XP Plugin for GTN 750/650 is great and I am enjoying learning how to use it.

Next step is to create an overlay for the bezel.

jasong

#7 Post by jasong »

yep i got this problem as well the post above solves it, but also i think there is a problem with the trainer launcher 3.0.1.0 (i think it is???) and only 3.0.0.0 works. I might be wrong on this as I also looked through lots of forums for the fix.