Aspen cdi/glideslope source error

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

tokirby

Aspen cdi/glideslope source error

#1 Post by tokirby »

I have the Aspen premium panel installed as well as RealityXP GTN650 (xplane). When I switch between ILS and GPS source on the GTN, I have to restart the Aspen in AM for the top PFD glideslope and CDI to recognize correctly. The lower HSI CDI works correctly. Any ideas? Switching the GPS/Nav source switch in xplane panel doesn't help.

Ralph

Re: Aspen cdi/glideslope source error

#2 Post by Ralph »

RealityXP does strange things and don't keep themselves to the default X-Plane behavior. Our EFD1000 was never made for RealityXP.

tokirby

#3 Post by tokirby »

Thanks. There are some settings in the RealityXP menu - You can choose whether any or both the GPS and the Simulator has authority: GPS -->SIM, GPS <-- SIM, GPS -->/<--SIM
I'll have to play around with some of the settings to see if that makes a difference

tokirby

#4 Post by tokirby »

I think I found the problem. If I wait to load the AM panel until after the flight has started and the plane loaded, everything works well. If I start AM prior to xplane completing its startup process then I get wonky PFD behavior. So I guess I will just wait and start AM after the XP flight now.

Ralph

#5 Post by Ralph »

Are you using our latest plugin? Hard to say what's causing this, might very well be some strange RealityXP behavior. I've seen strange behavior with RealityXP before and had to jump through a lot of hoops to make it work.