Scaling Panels

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

AnthonySullivan

Scaling Panels

#1 Post by AnthonySullivan »

I started Air Manager with a Mac 27 inch desktop and two 15 inch touch screens.
The display ratios must have been similar as I had no problem downloading panels and moving them to the touch screen.

I have now moved up to a high end Windows machine as recommended by Michael Brown in X-Force and I have a wide screen with a ration of 21 to 9.

When I down load panels they appear to set themselves up to suit the wide screen but when I move them to the touch screen the instruments are no longer in the right place. I have tried telling the panel that it is for the touch screen first before showing it. I have tried re-sizing it first (1920 by 1080) before showing it but to no avail. No matter what I try it does not work. I see lots of Air Manager users on YouTube who have wide screens so I just wonder how they manage.

I know I could resize all the instruments and move them to the correct place on the panel but what a tedious waste of time that would be for each panel I download.

I have searched the Wiki and I think other people experience the same difficulties but I could not find a solution.

Could anyone please help?

thanks
Anthony Sullivan

Sling

Re: Scaling Panels

#2 Post by Sling »

I'm not sure I 100% follow. Panels that you download will almost certainly be designed around a 1920 x 1080 aspect ratio. So if it’s scaled to fit the whole 21:9 display surely it will look distorted. If you want a panel to run on your touch monitors and they are 1920 x 1080 then there should be no issues. If they are something different to that but still the same aspect ratio then a simple scaling can be applied. I would check that your windows display settings have all the monitors set to 100% scale. You should then be able to make it work by using the Resize button in the AM panel settings. In here you get the choice to either scale or re-size.
Last edited by Sling on Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

AnthonySullivan

Re: Scaling Panels

#3 Post by AnthonySullivan »

What an Idiot I am.
I was so intent in choosing the right panel that I failed to notice a choice at the top of the screen asking me which screen I wanted to display it on.

Of course when I select the touch screen there, all works fine.

How can I delete this post?

Thanks for your kind help.

Anthony