Zibo Overhead Panel Lighting

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Richhall2711

Zibo Overhead Panel Lighting

#1 Post by Richhall2711 »

Hello

I have been using the excellent Zibo overhead panel created by Russ Barlow on a 43” tv and it looks and worked amazingly well, thank you.

My question is. Can I somehow turn on night mode so the panel is dark with backlight functionality only as when I fly in my sim room and it is dark the overhead is so bright. I suppose similar to what the Zibo MCP and Efis panels do on Air Manager.

Any help would be appreciated. I would attempt to this myself but no idea where to start.

Kind regards
Rich

Keith Baxter

Re: Zibo Overhead Panel Lighting

#2 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi Rich,

Changing the graphics on premium panels is not possible. You have to rely on SI to do that and Ralph has indicated that to you.

You can however try and add a canvas overlay. But you will not get the back-light effect. So it is best to send Russ a msg via his Youtube channel and here as well requesting this feature.
Ralph is very busy converting instruments to FS2020 and adding the new NAV features so I don,t think that he would be able to add that for a while yet.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

old pilot guy

#3 Post by old pilot guy »

I use my nvidia graphics to decrease the brightness for the overhead panel. It's not backlighting but works fine in a dark sim.

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

I think this question has been asked here a couple of times. It would require us to redo all the graphics, a monstrous job...

Pkaser

#5 Post by Pkaser »

I just did this tonight on a Bell 206 instrument cluster and overhead panel.

I did it a couple of ways. On the main panel I changed the opacity of the panel image and decreased the opacity in reference to the position of the sun dataref. From -5 below horizon to 10 degrees above, I made it more opaque, but it's not backlit. The gauges vary opacity too if the nav lights are on or off.

On the overhead panel, I created a background image, the layer of buttons and switches, then I created a black canvas overlay, again changing opacity as the sun rises or sets. If the nav lights are on, I have a text only layer that sits in the very front in z order, is transparent except for white letters, which then goes full opaque or full transparent
Resized_20210310_210018.jpeg
Resized_20210310_210041.jpeg

Ralph

#6 Post by Ralph »

Nice job on the panel layout!

Pkaser

#7 Post by Pkaser »

@Ralph, I will submit them for non-comm use when I get this sim done and certified...got a Schwizer S-300 and the 206...

Also I have to say that Air Manager is amazingly powerful, hugely robust and easy to use ...great job to you guys!

Sling

#8 Post by Sling »

Pkaser wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:07 pm @Ralph, I will submit them for non-comm use when I get this sim done and certified...got a Schwizer S-300 and the 206...

Also I have to say that Air Manager is amazingly powerful, hugely robust and easy to use ...great job to you guys!
Certified?

Pkaser

#9 Post by Pkaser »

Yep, that's the plan.

I use AM to control the stick shaker, the LED back lighting, the trim motors, the Hobbs meter, freaking everything, besides just the panels.

I'm in the process of customizing all the different instruments and panels.

It's looking and working like I never thought possible because of AM.

Now if I could just get faster internet to watch videos...🤣

Sling

#10 Post by Sling »

I take it you have the pro versions of AM and Xplane then?