FS2020 - Bool variables

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

SimPassion

Re: FS2020 - Bool variables

#61 Post by SimPassion »

All behave like there's the need to make SimConnect communications more asynchronous on Asobo / MS side : that's however the tricky part for 3PP tools and APPS that required more smooth updates on their side

Gilles

SimPassion

#62 Post by SimPassion »

If some not already tried using the SimvarsWatcher tool and made attempt to enter Float values, we're facing something weird and not obvious which has to be explained :
even with my windows localization already set to US_en, to enter Floats values in the [Value] field, we have to use the comma (",") in place of the dot/decimal point as a separator (".") which is refused in the field display
I guess this is hard-coded in the tool : to be confirmed

I've made an attempt and not found a way to set Radios frequencies which would be using either Mhz or BCD16, however without any success through the tool...

Gilles
Last edited by SimPassion on Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

mariop

#63 Post by mariop »

SimPassion wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:36 pm Just to add
There's plenty of .simvars sample files that can be loaded from "\MSFS SDK\Samples\SimvarWatcher\Simvars"
Thanks awesome! Thanks for sharing that.

And the same @JackZ for the Simvarwatcher tool reference.

mariop

#64 Post by mariop »

Corjan wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:24 am Windows can be a bit weird between x86 and x64.
Can you try BETA 7?

7th time is a charm :)

Corjan
I tried to install the Plugin 3.3 Beta 7 release and it does not detect my FS2020 install. Should I open a separate thread to discuss this issue?

JackZ

#65 Post by JackZ »

SimPassion wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:50 pm If some not already tried using the SimvarsWatcher tool and made attempt to enter Float values, we're facing something weird and not obvious which has to be explained :
even with my windows localization already set to US_en, to enter Floats values in the [Value] field, we have to use the comma (",") in place of the dot/decimal point as a separator (".") which is refused in the field display

I've made an attempt and not found a way to set frequencies which would be using either Mhz or BCD16, however without any success through the tool...

Gilles
Les devs d’Asobo sont Francais!
My YouTube Chanel on the A320 (Real SOPs by an Airline Pilot IRL):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 0Q6SBASRqJ

Corjan

#66 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

This thread is fine.
Do you know on which hard drive you installed FS2020?

Corjan

SimPassion

#67 Post by SimPassion »

JackZ wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:52 am
SimPassion wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:50 pm If some not already tried using the SimvarsWatcher tool and made attempt to enter Float values, we're facing something weird and not obvious which has to be explained :

I've made an attempt and not found a way to set frequencies which would be using either Mhz or BCD16, however without any success through the tool...

Gilles
Les devs d’Asobo sont Francais!
You're right Jacques, I suspected that and opened the Visual Studio solution file this night but didn't found anywhere where they set this. I guess it should be something around input localization. Indeed, not took enough time on my own for this yet
Additionally even after modifying the reference path for the SimConnect SDK path in project Simvars [Properties/Build Events] section, the solution wouldn't compile right away. Something to be investigated further

Gilles

SimPassion

#68 Post by SimPassion »

Found it in "MainWindow.xaml.cs" !

private void NumberValidationTextBox(object sender, TextCompositionEventArgs e)
{
string sText = e.Text;
foreach (char c in sText)
{
if ( ! (('0' <= c && c <= '9') || c == '+' || c == '-' || c == ',') )
{
e.Handled = true;
break;
}
}
}

So the best should be to add a session localization reading before and use it in the code
waiting for this, better to use this, as English is the most used language and further SimConnect wont accept Float entry with other char than dot (decimal point)

Code: Select all

private void NumberValidationTextBox(object sender, TextCompositionEventArgs e)
        {
            string sText = e.Text;
            foreach (char c in sText)
            {
                if ( ! (('0' <= c && c <= '9') || c == '+' || c == '-' || c == '.') )
                {
                    e.Handled = true;
                    break;
                }
            }
        }
Gilles

SimPassion

#69 Post by SimPassion »

It looks like we can't compile this sample, even if adjusted, because I guess we don't get the proper SimConnect installer that would fit current MFS

AM_4.0_MFS2020_Boolean_Floats_Handled_06.jpg

Here's only previous SimConnect assemblies install from FSX and P3D only :

AM_4.0_MFS2020_Boolean_Floats_Handled_07.jpg

So, for the moment and as also confirmed by Asobo with incomplete state of SDK, unless it would be fixed at the source, we can't use projects using Managed SimConnect library

Gilles

SimPassion

#70 Post by SimPassion »

I eventually get rid of this by replacing reference targeting the new Managed Library and compilation went fine
Here's a custom Simvars Watcher Tool :

AM_4.0_MFS2020_Boolean_Floats_Handled_10.jpg

Gilles