Blank Gauges - AM Not Receiving XP Data?

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

GlobalGentleman

Blank Gauges - AM Not Receiving XP Data?

#1 Post by GlobalGentleman »

Hello. I'm sincerely seeking help to get AirManager working again since a recent update of XP 10.51 and a newly installed AM to the most current version. Every gauge that I try to use is just blank upon running it...it appears as if no XP data is being sent out and/or reaching the AM application successfully (this includes basic gauges such as radios, transponders and clocks).

I've tried about everything I know to do....but I just don't think it should be this difficult to get it working, since I have other applications running and connecting fine to my server PC, such as XHSI.

Specs: Win10, XP64bit 10.51

Attempted troubleshooting so far includes:
-turn off all firewall settings on server and client PCs
-create an exception in the firewall for AM on server and client PCs
-download and reinstall AM at least 3x
-have installed and run AM on my server PC only and still no data showing up in gauges
-all settings within AM updated appropriately with IP address of remote server PC, or left as local when attempting to run on my server PC
-Air Plugin is appropriately installed in the resources/plugins folder of main XP location on server PC

Please tell me I'm overthinking this and have missed some obvious simple step :) At first I started to think it was an XP problem, but since my XHSI is connecting and running just fine on the client PC, along with other programs such as EFASS, I have to focus back on AM having a problem.

I look forward to your guidance, and greatly appreciate your help to solve this and enjoy AM in the very near future!

Regards,
Alan

Ralph

Re: Blank Gauges - AM Not Receiving XP Data?

#2 Post by Ralph »

What do mean with blank? Do you mean there's no images at all or do you mean that you see the gauges but they don't respond?

frumpy

#3 Post by frumpy »

Hm, that's strange. Same here, 2.1.3 on local computer with XP10.51.
I think there is a way to install an older version of X-Plane, but with the
new webpage I can't find it.

GlobalGentleman

#4 Post by GlobalGentleman »

Ralph wrote:What do mean with blank? Do you mean there's no images at all or do you mean that you see the gauges but they don't respond?
Hi Ralph. Yes, I can open and see the physical gauge images just fine, but they don't respond to any of the data from XP.

Just as an example, if I open the Aspen 1000 pfd and advance throttle levers in my XP aircraft, the Aspen speed tape doesn't move at all. No pitch indicator movement. Nothing at all happens.

Additionally, digital read outs/ numbers don't appear in the radios, transponders, clocks, etc.

I hope that gives a little more clarification on the problem.

Thanks.

GlobalGentleman

#5 Post by GlobalGentleman »

Quick update,,,just read through a similar issue posting from Sept 4, where it appears the Microsoft visual c++ redistributable package may have been the cause.

This reminded me that earlier today during an update of my A350, it gave me an error message that the same exact Microsoft file was missing. I've since installed it but haven't re-tested AM.

I'll try shortly and fingers crossed this will also solve my issue!

Corjan

#6 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

It might very well be the VS redistributable which is causing the problem. We have has someone having the exact same problem.

The latest plugin installer also installs the redistributable:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bkes0buifkcdt ... 1.zip?dl=0

Make sure that the flight sim is shut down before running the installer.

Corjan

frumpy

#7 Post by frumpy »

No, doesn't work with new plugin either.
Another program with plugin which asks for datarefs doesn't work either. I think Laminar broke something here.
(btw., it seems like DVD1 is not needed anymore for X-Plane :) )

russ

#8 Post by russ »

Everything works fine for me with XP 10.51 and Air Manager 2.1.3 .

Be sure General Settings - Flight Simulator popup is set to X-plane

Have you tried installing Air Manager on the same computer as X-Plane and selecting "Flight Simulator and Air Manager running on the same computer" just to see if it works without the using the network?
Russ Barlow
Air Manager Evangelist

frumpy

#9 Post by frumpy »

russ wrote:Be sure General Settings - Flight Simulator popup is set to X-plane
Hahahaha!

Ohh! :oops: It's working now.