Help with demo please

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

JWS

Help with demo please

#1 Post by JWS »

Hello,

Just downloaded and installed the demo version on a networked pc and I'd like to try Air Manager. I fully understand that the demo is time limited, but having to fill in time and again all the settings (which can't be saved) is not very helpful and time consuming.

I thought that with the demo a stack of 6 basic instruments would appear to evaluate the program. But when I open AM an empty page is starring at me. I'd like to know how to get a simple 6 gauges panel (e.g. for a Cessna) to work (within a time frame of 10 minutes). I've downloaded some (Baron) gauges, but when I selecty one & run it, that is the only gauge that wil pop up. Selecting another makes the first one go away. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Please help me out.

Best regards,

JWS

Ralph

Re: Help with demo please

#2 Post by Ralph »

You'll have to add them all to a panel, when you start the panel they're all visible. What's probably happening is that they're on top of each other, you can drag them around with your mouse.
The config is deleted to make the software not too functional for a demo. It's just a demo, it's not meant to be fully functional.

JWS

#3 Post by JWS »

I understand that it is a demo, but when you have to start all over again configuring the settings, building a panel etc. every time you restart after 10 minutes there won't be enough time to evaluate. No reason why a demo should not be fully functional, as long as it is time limited or area limited or limited to a couple of downloadable gauges. After all, it's purpuse is to be evaluated.

I've dragged a gauge around the screen but there was nothing behind it.

Regards,
JWS

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

I'll make a quick setup video. You can setup a panel within a minute. Then you still have 9 minutes left.

hubinwa

#5 Post by hubinwa »

Great! I have the same problem. Will you please post the link to the new vid? Thanks.

Ralph

#6 Post by Ralph »

Easy as that :)

JWS

#7 Post by JWS »

Yep, looks easy enough. I'll try that tonight. Thanks for the video.

JWS

JWS

#8 Post by JWS »

Succeeded! Gauges work quite smoothly via LAN. So first impressions are good. Will advise a friend of mine who is seriously considering building a small cockpit.
Thanks.
JWS

hubinwa

#9 Post by hubinwa »

Yes, very smooth and very easy to see. A bonus for old eyes. :D

In the video, it appears you have the desktop set to a solid brown color, is that the only method for creating the mounting surface for the gauges?

Ralph

#10 Post by Ralph »

It's just for the video, normally I have weird images :) It's one of the methods to get a background, you can create an instrument and use that as background. In 2.2.0 you can choose your own background color and maybe also an image.