How to copy a panel from one computer to another.

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

pwilliamssa

How to copy a panel from one computer to another.

#1 Post by pwilliamssa »

I've moved one of my Air Manager activation's to another computer. I found where all the instruments are saved and copied them to the new computer. How do I copy my custom panel to the new computer?

russ

Re: How to copy a panel from one computer to another.

#2 Post by russ »

You can copy both instruments and panels from the. Reste tab by using the export button. There is a pop up menu above where the instruments are listed that can also be set to panels and flight illusion.

The instruments are easy. Just select instruments (default) on the pop up and then cmd-click all the instruments you want to export. Then click the export button and it will open a save file dialing and allow you to save a .siff file that holds the instruments. Transfer the siff file to the other computer and select the import menu (in file menu I think) and select the siff file. A progress dialog will say how many I instruments are imported and they will appear in your create tab.

The panels are the same but you need to create a panel layout in the create tab for the panels you want to export. This is a bit more complicated. The following video explains it all. Once they are layouts in the create tab in the new installation you can use add panel in the panels tab and they will appear in the pre-made panel choices

Russ Barlow
Air Manager Evangelist