Garmin flip flops not flip flopping correctly

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Crash'n'Burn

Re: Garmin flip flops not flip flopping correctly

#11 Post by Crash'n'Burn »

Tried with firewall exception and firewall totally off, no effect. Plugin is 2.7.1

Here is a video of the issue:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sxbmsq98mr2vx ... 1.mp4?dl=0

The red square is a button that sends the flip flop callback to the sim. I made it big so that there's no "you did not hit the button properly" issue. Definitely getting odd response from sending the flip flop callback to the sim, sometimes it works straight away and works consecutively, other times there is a sound but no response in the sim at all.

Ralph

#12 Post by Ralph »

If you run it from the create/edit tab then you can add a print to the button callback.

Sling

#13 Post by Sling »

Ralph,

I think it’s kinda got button press feedback already because the click sound works every time apparently, but the command only some of the time. Therefore it has to be comms related.

Ralph

#14 Post by Ralph »

Oh yes you're right, now I remember.

Crash'n'Burn

#15 Post by Crash'n'Burn »

Oddly enough, the NAV1 flip flops seems to be working more reliably. I can't say for sure 100% reliable but definitely more so than the COM1 flip flop.

Here's a test I made ater making a NAV1 button. I press each button 5x and see how many times the frequencies actually change.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gekcmcw992pok ... 4.mp4?dl=0

Crash'n'Burn

#16 Post by Crash'n'Burn »

Further testing done on this, changed input from touch to mouse click to take away the possibility of the touch function being corrupted or something. Used the mouse to click on NAV flip flop vs. COM flip flop. I can go crazy with the NAV flip flop, pressing it like I'm going for the world record for clicks per minute and it keeps up, changing with every press. With the COM flip flop, it's hit and miss, with slightly more misses. These tests were done on the touchscreen.

Moving the test to the sim itself and behavior between the NAV and COM flip flops are consistent and can keep up with fast presses.

Sling

#17 Post by Sling »

Another thing that points to a comms issue. I think these are all related.

Crash'n'Burn

#18 Post by Crash'n'Burn »

Why is it only the com flipflop that is having this issue though? If it's a code issue, I'm getting it now with my custom panel as well as with the payware Baron panel. At first I thought it might just be a code issue and since I cannot look at the code for the payware panels, I was SOL. Then I tried putting my own code on top of the payware panel, same issue. Now this is my own code on my own panel, same isse. With the code exactly the same between the NAV flipflop and the COM flipflop (obviously except the actual xpl command), why is the NAV working reliably but the COM isn't?

Aside from that, I have many other buttons doing stuff for the cockpit without issues.

Sling

#19 Post by Sling »

I’ll check this with one of my panels and report back. I suppose it could be Xplane.

Crash'n'Burn

#20 Post by Crash'n'Burn »

Thanks!