Garmin flip flops not flip flopping correctly

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Crash'n'Burn

Garmin flip flops not flip flopping correctly

#1 Post by Crash'n'Burn »

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but I've been using the Comm1 freq flip flop a lot more often recently and I notice that pressing the button will trigger a sound every time but that doesn't mean the actual changing of the frequency occurs. Sometimes on press and it changes but that is rare, most of the time several presses are required before it changes. Is this just me?

Sling

Re: Garmin flip flops not flip flopping correctly

#2 Post by Sling »

The click sound just confirms the button press and is done totally within the AM instrument. The press should also fire a command to the sim to swap the frequencies. If you use the Dataref tool plugin you can monitor the command for activity during your presses to see if the sim is receiving the command. I suspect if nothing is changing then the command is not doing what it should. Do you have a good network connection between AM and the sim? Even if it’s on the same machine a firewall can cause issues.

Crash'n'Burn

#3 Post by Crash'n'Burn »

Touchscreen and XP are on the same PC. I don't have this issue with anything else, ie clicking dials and pressing other things like autopilot buttons or squawk codes, or even other buttons on the GPS.

Sling

#4 Post by Sling »

Can’t say i’ve noticed this but i’ll give it a try.

Ralph

#5 Post by Ralph »

It just triggers the com frequency flip command, there's nothing fancy going on. There's a couple of hundreds/thousands of people using it, so if there really was a problem then we probably would have heard it before. I suspect something in your network (firewall for example) or X-Plane.

Crash'n'Burn

#6 Post by Crash'n'Burn »

Does it go through the firewall even within the same PC? Like I said, the touchscreen is connected to the same PC running XP, no network or anything involved. I can take a video of it if required as it is happening quite often.

Ralph

#7 Post by Ralph »

Yes, even on the same computer a firewall could cause a problem. It's good to give it a try with the firewall turned off.
Are you using the 2.7.1 plugin?

Crash'n'Burn

#8 Post by Crash'n'Burn »

How do I check for plugin version? I will try without the firewall to check if it improves.

Ralph

#9 Post by Ralph »

In the plugins menu look for Air Plugin and select Information. A window will pop up with the version number.

Crash'n'Burn

#10 Post by Crash'n'Burn »

Yes, it's 2.7.1