Garmin flip flops not flip flopping correctly

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Sling

Re: Garmin flip flops not flip flopping correctly

#21 Post by Sling »

I've tried to replicate your issue wth a G1000 overlay, a GNS430 and a couple of bendix/king radios. They use the following commands. They all flip reliably every time with those on my setup.

G1000
xpl_command("sim/GPS/g1000n1_com_ff", 1)
xpl_command("sim/GPS/g1000n1_com_ff", 0)

GNS 430
xpl_command("sim/GPS/g430n1_com_ff", 1)
xpl_command("sim/GPS/g430n1_com_ff", 0)

BK
xpl_command("sim/radios/com1_standy_flip")

Crash'n'Burn

#22 Post by Crash'n'Burn »

Thanks for testing. I usually don't use the press and release bit for this, just the actual command, but tried it anyway and I'm not sure if it's more reliable now but it hasn't fixed the problem entirely.

I wonder if I should re-install AM, maybe that will fix whatever might be corrupted in my system? What's the safest way to do this since I've made some modifications to my panels and don't want to lose them?

kansas_plane

#23 Post by kansas_plane »

I am having the same issue as Crash'n'Burn. Nav1/2 flip flops fine but the Com1/2 intermittently works. I tried both pieces of code with Russ Barlow's G1000 overlay:

xpl_command("sim/GPS/g1000n1_com_ff", 1)
xpl_command("sim/GPS/g1000n1_com_ff", 0)
and
xpl_command("sim/GPS/g1000n"..g_unitpos.."_com_ff")

They both work exactly the same. The only thing that I have found to reliably work is:
xpl_command("sim/radios/com1_standy_flip")

Unfortunately I have not figured out a way to code com1 and com2 to work this way with the g1000 buttons

ChuckK

#24 Post by ChuckK »

I'll add I've had the annoying same problem when using the native X-plane GNS 530/430. Previously, I had used the Reality XP version of the 530 with the standard XP commands and NAV flip flop behavior was fine. So it seems to be an X-plane thing.

I just changed the code to use the "sim/radios/com1_standy_flip" command and it's now working perfectly. A small victory!!

Chuck

Ralph

#25 Post by Ralph »

Sounds indeed like an X-Plane issue if all the other commands work fine.

ChuckK

#26 Post by ChuckK »

I'll add I've had the annoying same problem when using the native X-plane GNS 530/430. Previously, I had used the Reality XP version of the 530 with the standard XP commands and NAV flip flop behavior was fine. So it seems to be an X-plane thing.
Correction to the above

I'll add I've had the annoying same problem when using the native X-plane GNS 530/430. Previously, I had used the Reality XP version of the 530 with the standard XP commands and COM flip flop behavior was fine. So it seems to be an X-plane thing.