AM 3.6 on multiple PCs

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Maverickman

AM 3.6 on multiple PCs

#1 Post by Maverickman »

My home cockpit runs from three PCs each with X plane. The main PC controls the others by network configuration. AM controls my two touch screen instrument panels with knobster (which are awesome BTW). However, I have another touchscreen which currently runs an X Plane view of the overhead panel from another PC ( I do this because three screens on the main PC limits its performance too much). If I put another copy of AM on the PC that controls the overhead how do I set it up? Should AM be connected by slave PC or master? If its master how do I do that in the AM settings?

Thanks for your help.

Sling

Re: AM 3.6 on multiple PCs

#2 Post by Sling »

Hi Maverickman,

You don’t need AM for the second instance of AM you can use the application called Air Player. It is simply a stripped down version of AM with just the panel display capabilities. It’s also cheaper. :)

Tony

flyinghigh

#3 Post by flyinghigh »

Hi,
I have 3 computers networked. 1.Client 2.Flight Sim 3.Client
1. Has AM
2. AM Plugin and P3dv4
3. Client

The above connects to P3d ok but does not display ? Only displays on 1.
In Window Preferences--Show Panel on Display--Only shows displays on computer 1.

Do I need Air player on 2. as well ?

Thanks

Sling

#4 Post by Sling »

Yes if you are intent on using 3 machines. The displays thing refers to the number of displays you may have connected to a particular machine. So you can have multiple displays on the one machine running AM panels but as soon as you want to use another machine you need another licence.

Tony