Missing Panel under PANEL -->Create/Edit

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

foxbau

Missing Panel under PANEL -->Create/Edit

#1 Post by foxbau »

The panels i created with PANELS/+PANEL i can´t find under CREATE/EDIT - PANELS.
Otherwise may CREATE/EDIT - PANEL / NEW Panels i don´t see under First Mainoption PANELS
grafik.png
grafik.png (11.55 KiB) Viewed 3323 times
https://siminnovations.com/wiki/index.p ... ser_Manual is writen:
"Tab: Create/Edit Create/Edit Tab
In this tab you can create new or edit existing instruments or panels. On the left you see a list containing all the instruments or panels that you have."
Why i cannot see and edit my own Panels on both positions?
Greetings from Munich George
From Munich, George

Sling

Re: Missing Panel under PANEL -->Create/Edit

#2 Post by Sling »

George,

The panels can be a little confusing. It does not work the way you are expecting. If you watch the video I link below you will get a better idea of how panels between the 2 tabs work.

If you have further questions after watching the video please post back your questions here.

Tony

foxbau

#3 Post by foxbau »

Thanks Tony have seen, now I can "Move" panels from CREATE/EDIT to PANEL (by the confusing Option"Panel+/Add a premade Panel by Downloading")

But now the next problems:
A) Is it possible the other Direction to show a Panel from PANEL in CREATE/EDIT ?
B) In CREATE/EDIT added Layout/Instruments i can´t see at CREATE/EDIT and i can´t see it at PANELS.
only CREATE/EDIT / add a LAYOUT FROM seems to work ?
C) Then still in Panels/ +Panel added Instruments I can´t see at CREATE/EDIT
D) I feel anyhow this woudl be 2 different Panels.
Is there another item about in the wiki please how to "combinde" in both directions? (http://siminnovations.com/wiki/index.ph ... oldid=3515

I think i have to use both tabs.
- Tab PANEL to edit Instruments comfortable
- Tab CREATE/EDIT /General Panel to save, export....

Greetings from Munich George
From Munich, George

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

Once a panel has been created in the Create/Edit tab, you should be able to add in in the panels tab, just as any other panel.

SimPassion

#5 Post by SimPassion »

Writing at the same time @Ralph answered

A : Yes
B : When we create a panel with "New" we have to define a layout, then add an instrument in it. Then switch to Panel tab create a panel with layout selecting previously created panel. There we are
C : Not the proper tab. Panel tab is only to show Premade Panels or Panel where we add Instruments or Custom Panels in it
D : Already with combined answers above

Gilles

Sling

#6 Post by Sling »

George,

Like I said it can be a little confusing at first. It is not the most intuitive thing to understand. I think primarily because of the use of the word panels in 2 places.

S the guys have already answered you can create a panel in either tab. The thing to note is it is done somewhat differently.

If you want graphical drag and drop Create the panel in the panels tab and then use the add a layout from feature to create that same panel in the create/edit tab. Once in create/edit It will appear in the add a new panel list of the panels tab.

If you start with create/edit you have to add the instruments one by one. To position them you have to edit the x, y, w & h values which is quite time consuming and takes some pre-planning. I briefly show adding an instrument in the video.

My recommendation is to use the first method. Once in create/edit you can use panel scripting and the ther features of this tab.

Tony

foxbau

#7 Post by foxbau »

Many Thanks

I think there is something wrong with my Installation.
I just made it new. (unistall, registry clean, install)
A new created Penal at PANEL I definitly cant find at Create/Edit (for saving).
grafik.png
grafik.png (14.02 KiB) Viewed 3278 times
grafik.png
grafik.png (13.57 KiB) Viewed 3278 times
"Once in create/edit It will appear in the add a new panel list of the panels tab." NO
Perhaps a support Item?

Nothing unusual in the logfile:
2020-01-24 15:00:35 INFO SiInstrument - Creating default database
2020-01-24 15:24:13 INFO EntityManager - Closing
2020-01-24 15:24:13 INFO EntityManager - Closed
2020-01-24 15:27:09 INFO EntityManager - Starting Air Manager Home Use 3.6 (Home Use, Activated) (JAVA=1.8.0_181-1-ojdkbuild)
2020-01-24 15:27:09 INFO AMBase - Initializing
2020-01-24 15:27:09 INFO AMBase - HW id = 19404ce
From Munich, George

Sling

#8 Post by Sling »

Please watch that video again and use pause to follow along with your own panel. I doubt there is anything wrong with your installation.

foxbau

#9 Post by foxbau »

Thank you very mutch , now I understand (there is a lot off Information in your Video !!).

But it is only possible to make a DEAD PANEL COPY (based on the Layout) from one "World" to the other.
I have 2 comletly seperated Copies ( but with the same layout content).
If I change something on the one side I have to rebuilt it on the other side again.
After copiing there seem to be no connection between the 2 wold ( Panel & Create/Edit).
Greeting from Munich George
From Munich, George

Sling

#10 Post by Sling »

That is correct. There is no direct connection. They exist as their own entities in each tab.