#331 Post by Ralph »

Haven't had time for it yet.

Keith Baxter

Re: Looking for PA-28 setup

#332 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi,
Post edited.

@SimPassion @Ralph
Can we have some clarity on exactly what is the holdup here. The messages coming out of this thread are "EXTREMELY MUDDLED"

Gilles gives the impression that the instruments are "ended" as he put it. Some 200 odd instrument variants, and more than a dozen panels.
Then this quote by Ralph gave me the impression that the holdup was his side
Ralph wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 12:49 pm Haven't had time for it yet.
Please be clear and concise on what the issue is.
I thank you.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

SimPassion

#333 Post by SimPassion »

SimPassion wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:26 pm Upon reaching the release date, just a few questions @Ralph

for this project I have to submit near than 70 different instruments and the custom panel handler
  1. will this be ok with the current submission process ? (if I remember you get them on mailbox)
  2. how many time would be necessary, on Sim Innovations side, to check scripts and components like files and structure, before uploading to the store ?
  3. would it be preferable to request some Beta testing before submitting ?
I've included some extra non Piper PA-28 aircrafts, so one not owning any Piper can still be able to check

Gilles
  1. What are the current Sim Innovations statements on this ?
  2. Upon your private requests made towards I and Jacques, what's your current position ?
  3. Do we need to close this project and let other PA-28 coming to priority ?
Gilles

jasong

#334 Post by jasong »

I hope you guys can still release I look forward to it very much

SimPassion

#335 Post by SimPassion »

SIM INNOVATIONS @Ralph and @Corjan,
should I throw 3 years and thousands hours work to the bin ?

Gilles

Ralph

#336 Post by Ralph »

Wow, that sounds dramatic :) We're reconsidering selling 3rd party content. It is causing a lot of commotion, and we haven't even sold anything yet. That's something we rather stay away from. We're doing to discuss it further this week, we're both out of the office today.

SimPassion

#337 Post by SimPassion »

What induce "a lot of commotion" is lack of communication (answers) upon questions and requests, this is not new and well known here
All answer would have been correct in either way or on another way : 3rd party or Free, no matter
What's not correct again, is letting some outstanding questions already from months ago what ever would be the subject

Gilles

Ralph

#338 Post by Ralph »

We weren't really ready for it. We never made a good decision, I think it was too early.
Yesterday we talked about it. Tomorrow I'll contact you by email.

Chrisoldinho

#339 Post by Chrisoldinho »

Have to say if it was me spending all this time making instruments to get the response sim innovations are putting out now I would not use this product again, it's pretty appalling really for a programme designed for users to create their own panels and instruments to share with the community to have to wait until the 12th (not even 11th) hour to come back with this response.

This is how you lose customers and users, and with competition e.g. VR improving all the time I dont think you should let that happen.

Keith Baxter

#340 Post by Keith Baxter »

Chrisoldinho wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:55 pm Have to say if it was me spending all this time making instruments to get the response sim innovations are putting out now I would not use this product again, it's pretty appalling really for a programme designed for users to create their own panels and instruments to share with the community to have to wait until the 12th (not even 11th) hour to come back with this response.

This is how you lose customers and users, and with competition e.g. VR improving all the time I dont think you should let that happen.
Hi,

I think that there is a little misunderstanding here. What we did not know is that SI were contemplating offering the collaboration team compensation for their work and then selling the panels. They had not ventured down this avenue before and are still undecided if that is a rout they want to take. I think that now that they have left the door ajar It is going to be difficult for them to shut it. Then on the other hand every community member will start expecting compensation for their instruments.

Me personally, I think they should NOT go down this avenue. If a member wants to donate instruments to SI to assist them to continue developing this wonderful product like @russ does from time to time then that is OK.

Just my view.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card