Window preferences - Triplehead2Go

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Flakster

Window preferences - Triplehead2Go

#1 Post by Flakster »

AM3, NUC, Win10, XP11, Matrox Triplehead2Go DP

Hi all,

I have built a custom triple wide panel spanning across 3 x (1920x1080p-60Hz) displays via a Triplehead2Go DP version.

Unfortunately I need to have them configured at 3 x (1360x768) as Matrox triple units do support 3 x 1080p above 50Hz .. :roll:

I have a fourth identical 1080p display connected via HDMI assigned as the Master unit (Display 1) and set to 1920x1080p.

All these four displays are dedicated to AM3 and are working fine.

Within my custom triple panel, I have selected Window preferences > Show panel on display: then select 'Display 2 (4080x768)' and checked the 'Locked' box.

When I show or start the panel, the Window preferences > Show panel on display: defaults straight back to: Custom window option and displays the left portion of the 4080x768 panel on my single 1080p Master (Display 1) display.

To move my new panel back to the 3 x displays, I have to manually select the 'Display 2 (4080x768)' option again to relocate the panels from the (Display 1) Master display back to the triple display.

It appears to me that the Windows preferences panel configuration may not be saved with the panel design.

Is this a bug, or is there an option available to lock this (Display 2) panel to the desired panel configuration and automatically start when switching to a particular aircraft in XP11 ?

Thx Brett

Ralph

Re: Window preferences - Triplehead2Go

#2 Post by Ralph »

Tripplehead2Go is a weird thing :) I've seen it working in a simulator, stretching the views on the side. But anyway, I'm afraid this is something for Corjan to look at. He's back in February...

Flakster

#3 Post by Flakster »

Thanks Ralph,

To simplify things, I disconnected the Triplehead2go and connected a single second monitor and created a new panel to be assigned to Display 2.

Once again, when I show or start the panel, the Window preferences > Show panel on display: defaults straight back to: Custom window option and presents the panel on my Master (Display 1) display.

To move my new panel back to Display 2, I have to manually drop down and select the 'Display 2 option once more to relocate the panel from the Display 1 to Display 2.

No big deal and I can wait till the snow melts, but it may be a little neater if AM3 would start without having to manually reselect the preferred display.

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

Are you using HDMI / DVI or VGA?

Flakster

#5 Post by Flakster »

Thanks Ralph,

The NUC has three display output options: Mini DP , Mini HDMI and USB 3.0

My monitors have three input options: DisplayPort 1.2 , HDMI and USB 3.0

I have tried:

Display 1: Mini DP -----> DP
Display 2: Mini HDMI --> HDMI

or

Display 1: Mini DP ----> HDMI
Display 2: Mini HDMI -> HDMI

or

Display 1: Mini DP ----> DP
Display 2: USB 3 ------> USB 3

or

Display 1: Mini DP ----> HDMI
Display 2: USB 3 ------> USB 3

Regards Brett

Flakster

#6 Post by Flakster »

Hi Corjan,

When I show or start the panel, the Window preferences > Show panel on display: defaults straight back to: Custom window option and presents the panel on my Master (Display 1) display. To move my new panel back to Display 2, I have to manually drop down and select the Display 2 option once more to relocate the panel from the Display 1 to Display 2 - see more detailed info in this thread.

Has this issue been resolved in an update over the last month ?

I've been out of the loop as my MOBO has recently been replaced, so I'll be connecting this system up after I reactivate AM3 to give the install another go.

Regards

Brett

Flakster

#7 Post by Flakster »

Hi Gents,

Any update on the best method to manage this auto display assignment issue would be appreciated.

Regards Brett

Corjan

#8 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

To be honest, I have not done anything with this issue.
If you are up for it, we could do a debug session where I will control your computer with teamviewer and see if I can make sense of it.

Corjan

Flakster

#9 Post by Flakster »

Thanks Corjan,

I'm a little snowed under with work atm, so I'll try and arrange a time in the future to tackle this problem.

I'm down under, so please let me know your normal gmt work hours.

Brett