Help with hooking instruments from P3D and X-Plane to Air Manager

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

TallTanBarbie

Help with hooking instruments from P3D and X-Plane to Air Manager

#1 Post by TallTanBarbie »

This ​ is the touch screen panel for the Carenado Seneca V G600 that I put together with Air Manager, Reality XP, and Saitek FIPs for the backup airspeed, attitude, and altitude indicators (on the left exterior of the panel, not shown):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y766l3grl06a9 ... .jpg?raw=1

Most of the instruments for the Seneca V were already publicly available but I still had to set them up kinda sorta like the actual panel.

Bad news is that not all the instruments work right. The TIT (Turbine Inlet Temperature), CHT (Cylinder Head Temperature) don't get any data or don't get the right values.

This also varies with the simulator. Some work on P3Dv5.1, some on X-Plane, some not on either.

I'm just getting started with Air Manager and I'm looking for help with hooking up the instruments with the proper simulator output values.

I've seen some of the code associated with each instrument so this has to be possible -- I just need to know where to look and how to do it.

This aircraft has a G600 and two GNS430s. On P3D, I popped out the G600 and built the panel around it and substituted them with the Reality XP GTN 750/650 for the GNS430s on the right.

On X-Plane 11.5 Vulkan, I can pop out the G600 from the aircraft model but I can find where or how to put it in windowed mode so I can put it on the instrument panel touchscreen.

This should be possble to do as is, but if not, is it possible to make a code change to allow it?

Thanks 🙂

ericrolfe

Re: Help with hooking instruments from P3D and X-Plane to Air Manager

#2 Post by ericrolfe »

TallTanBarbie wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:21 pm
I'm just getting started with Air Manager and I'm looking for help with hooking up the instruments with the proper simulator output values.

I've seen some of the code associated with each instrument so this has to be possible -- I just need to know where to look and how to do it.

This aircraft has a G600 and two GNS430s. On P3D, I popped out the G600 and built the panel around it and substituted them with the Reality XP GTN 750/650 for the GNS430s on the right.

On X-Plane 11.5 Vulkan, I can pop out the G600 from the aircraft model but I can find where or how to put it in windowed mode so I can put it on the instrument panel touchscreen.

This should be possble to do as is, but if not, is it possible to make a code change to allow it?

Thanks 🙂
For X-plane you should google the datareftool plugin. It will let you see which dataref values are changing as you fly - and you should be able to determine which ones to subscribe to.
Here's a great video that Russ Barlow made describing it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAyGbDWhlaw

Once you have popped out the window, you should be able to click on the upper left (or it may be upper right) corner to put it in windowed mode.
Here's another Barlow video that covers this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK-pS3U_s7k&t=2s

It's worth watching Russ's videos - he's really gifted at DIY, hardware, software, and, of course, flying!

TallTanBarbie

#3 Post by TallTanBarbie »

Thanks for the info. I could get the panel to pop out of the aircraft, but not in windowed mode to get if onto another screen for the instrument panel display.

ericrolfe

#4 Post by ericrolfe »

TallTanBarbie wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:32 pm Thanks for the info. I could get the panel to pop out of the aircraft, but not in windowed mode to get if onto another screen for the instrument panel display.
Did you figure it out? You should have seen it in Russ's video. Click on the GPS to pop it out of the panel. Then...

Here's a quote from the user manual:
Also recall that in X‑Plane 11 many of the windows, such as the GPS, map, and ATC windows, can be popped out as separate displays and moved to a secondary monitor. Simply click on the icon in the top right corner of the window then move it around independently.
Good Luck,
Eric

TallTanBarbie

#5 Post by TallTanBarbie »

Hello...saw the video. The Carenado version of this aircraft doesn't let you put the pop out panels in window mode so you can move them to another display unfortunately.