Dynon Skyview

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

AnthonySullivan

Dynon Skyview

#1 Post by AnthonySullivan »

I have the Pipistrel Panthera by Aerobask but it has the Dynon Skyview for Avionics. It is a wonderful new design with much research done to make it efficient and safe.

Searching the instruments on Air Manager for download, I can find nothing there. Searching this forum shows few topics containing Dynon avionics.

Just wondered if anyone is planning to create the overlays for Air Manager and would make them available to others? (Happy to pay).

best wishes
Anthony

Sling

Re: Dynon Skyview

#2 Post by Sling »

Anthony,

I started a full blown Skyview system with the additional control panels, VPX integration etc all based on the real instrument but i put on hold due to lack of navigation features. I may get round to picking it up again one day but certainly not anytime soon. I don’t have the Panthera but from what you say it has a pop out so you only need an overlay.

Sorry I couldn’t help.

AnthonySullivan

#3 Post by AnthonySullivan »

Dear Sling,

Thanks for the information. I will have a go at making an overlay.

best wishes
Anthony

AnthonySullivan

#4 Post by AnthonySullivan »

Dear Sling,

Ok I could not recall exactly when I responded yesterday but checking now, the Dynon Skyview on the Aerobask Panthera does not pop out so cannot be used with Air Manager. I have Version 3 which appears to be the latest version.

Not sure if we can get Aerobask to amend things to allow the instrument to pop out. I am sure you guys have contacts with these developers. It would be a lot of work to recreate the displays for Air Manager.

Any thoughts?

best wishes
Anthony

AnthonySullivan

#5 Post by AnthonySullivan »

Dear Sling,

I managed to contact Aerobask and I received the following reply:

Hello,

Unfortunately no. Because the Panthera is old and uses SASLV2. SASLV2 does not feature the pop out.
The next Skyview version will have this feature (SASLV3), but there is no ETA. We are focused on the Falcon 8X.
https://www.facebook.com/aerobask.aircr ... ?__tn__=-R

Best Regards
Stephane

Looks like we will have to wait a while.

best wishes
Anthony

Sling

#6 Post by Sling »

That sounds about right. Aerobask are pretty good so it might not be soon but should happen at some point.