Premium Aspen EFD1000

Latest Information on Sim Innovation's flagship product Air Manager

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Ralph

Premium Aspen EFD1000

#1 Post by Ralph »

We're soon releasing the premium panel Aspen EFD1000, not sure about the price yet. The first version will be X-Plane only, FSX / Prepar3D compatibility will follow within one or two weeks after the release.

I made a video demonstrating most of it's features, there's a couple more not in this video. In the video I mistakenly selected NAV mode and not APR mode, so it wasn't really an ILS approach.

* Buy here
* User manual here

JackZ

Re: Premium Aspen EFD1000

#2 Post by JackZ »

Great Job Ralph!
Glad to see you resumed work on this instrument again! Will it be for XP and FSX/ P3D?
Have you implemented the startup and test sequence as well?
If not you can reuse the screens and code I had made for this in my unfinished 2.1.3 version of the instrument, that you can find on GitHub, along other things if needed, permission granted for that.

Jacques
My YouTube Chanel on the A320 (Real SOPs by an Airline Pilot IRL):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 0Q6SBASRqJ

Ralph

#3 Post by Ralph »

It's a totally new version, it has the original aspect ratio. X-Plane support first, FSX and Prepar3D will follow soon.

I'm still not sure about implementing the boot sequence or not. Maybe in a later stage. First I'll add FSX/P3D support, get rid of the bugs (there's probably a few), then I might look at the boot sequence.

SimPassion

#4 Post by SimPassion »

Nice design and features Ralph

Regards
Gilles

larsras

#5 Post by larsras »

Can you print Vspeeds in the upper window? I know not all are set (correctly) in the acf file, but for the wrong ones I discover, I always report to the developer, and they are usually fixed then.
Not sure the real one prints those two, but I find these very useful: Vlo, Vle

Do you mark blueline on the speedtape?

Ralph

#6 Post by Ralph »

Like these, yes, it's on my to-do list. After FSX/Prepar3D support probably.
Screenshot_20180331-130023.jpeg

Ralph

#7 Post by Ralph »

Just thought it might be cool to have the option to choose these manually or selected from a predefined profile, C172, B58, PA28, etc... Requests can be added easily.

JackZ

#8 Post by JackZ »

If I recall well, those speeds can be inserted via a menu somewhere in the real ASPEN.

jacques
My YouTube Chanel on the A320 (Real SOPs by an Airline Pilot IRL):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 0Q6SBASRqJ

Sling

#9 Post by Sling »

Nice Job Ralph.

Jacques you are correct, The real instrument has an installation mode where many settings including the V speeds are set.

For my Gemini PFD instrument that I made to test the canvas functions I used the V speeds available via dataref from the sim. Doing it this way means no setup required on the users part. I'm not sure if you can get the same level of information for FSX and P3D though.

A User property drop down menu with aircraft types would probably be the next best thing.

Tony

Ralph

#10 Post by Ralph »

FSX and Prepar3D don't have those speeds available, also not all X-Plane aircraft do. It's indeed something you select at the first start in the real device, so not an option for the sim.