Air Manager 3.1.1 OpenGL Error resolved

Latest Information on Sim Innovation's flagship product Air Manager

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Sabre

Air Manager 3.1.1 OpenGL Error resolved

#1 Post by Sabre »

I updated to AM 3.1.1. I immediately received the error message "Air Manager requires OpenGL 2.0". I did not receive this error with AM 3.0. Upon investigation using Nvidia Inspector I found a setting called OpenGL version override. This setting was not exposed in the Nvidia control panel. This setting was set at disabled. Clicking on the drop down there were multiple settings from version 1.0 up to and including 3.1. I set it to 3.1 and applied it. Closed and re-opened Air Manager and the error went away and AM worked just fine. I assume that it would also work if set at 2.0 and above. However, I didn't test it. I don't know how this was set in the first place or if this is just the default setting in the Nvidia driver.

I'm posting this in case anyone else has the same issue as it may help them.

Corjan

Re: Air Manager 3.1.1 OpenGL Error resolved

#2 Post by Corjan »

Hey,

Thanks for posting your findings here. It is weird to me that it won't try to start with highest openGL version by default.

Corjan

SimPassion

#3 Post by SimPassion »

If useful
Nvidia Inspector 1.9.7.8 and Nvidia Profile Inspector 2.13 are here on the Author link (second link) :
http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/nvi ... nload.html

Download Locations
1st Link (not updated, actually 1.9.7.3) : Download Nvidia Profile Inspector - Mirror EU
2nd Link (1.9.7.8 and 2.13) : Download Nvidia Profile Inspector - Mirror (Author)

There's also NVidaProfileInspector 2.1.3.4 on a link provided by hexaae

Gilles

Sabre

#4 Post by Sabre »

I don't think this has completely resolved the issue. Later today I received the same error along with a JAVA error. Exiting AM and going back into it seemed to resolve it, at least temporarily.

bigtall1010

#5 Post by bigtall1010 »

I'm now having this error pop up as well. For me, it actually started when I mistakenly opened AirManager while it was already running in another instance. As soon that that new instance finished the loading process this error popped up and has stayed. Can't run any panels. Restarted and tried NVInspector method. OpenGL3.1 was already selected. Help please.

bigtall1010

#6 Post by bigtall1010 »

I seem to have fixed the problem for now by re-installing GPU drivers and Java8, and restarting PC. Error is gone for now but I am skeptical. :?

Corjan

#7 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

It will probably get back... It is weird to me that the GPU reports it won't support openGL 2.0 anymore all of a sudden. My first guess would be that windows installed new GPU drivers automatically.

Corjan

PapaLima

#8 Post by PapaLima »

Hi

I got this error too several times before since I switched to AM3 from AM2.

And like others users, I tried to reinstall AM 3, update the GPU drivers and java...
Each time, it seems top be fixed but it finishes to reappear :cry:

After some internet dig and tests, my installation is now stable, so I share you my "tip" :

I have 2 GPUs : an Nvidia GTX1070 and another GTX960 to drive five screens from the same sim PC. And it was where AM get confused upon its starts because of the autodetection GPUs settings.

In the "NVidia inspector" application, overidding the parameter "OpenGL Version Override" was not enough.
Scroll down the list to see the parameter below "Preferred OpenGL GPU"
It has to be changed from its default "autoselect" to the GPU installed in the PC.

Since I made this change, the AM is starting like a charm systematically.

I think it could fix other users installation with nvidia cards.

Hope it helps
Bye

Corjan

#9 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

Thanks for posting this.

It might actually make sense now that I think of it. AM creates a separate openGL context for each panel, it might very well be that windowws can assign a different GPU to each of those openGL contexts. Since I only load the GPU drivers once, it cannot switch GPU runtime.

I'll have to look into this more from an application standpoint. For now it seems that manually forcing it to one GPU works,

Corjan

Ralph

#10 Post by Ralph »

Unfortunately it doesn't work for everyone. The search goes on....