Different 172 panels

Latest Information on Sim Innovation's flagship product Air Manager

Moderators: russ, Ralph

bigblip

Re: Different 172 panels

#11 Post by bigblip »

lol! I could do without that at the moment - lockdowns have made this particular freelancer a very poor chap who should not really be spending money on this hobby!!

If you do get a chance to have a peek at some time I'd appreciate it. Cheers :-)

bigblip

#12 Post by bigblip »

(or if someone from Sim Innovations could chime in, of course).

jph

#13 Post by jph »

Absolutely old chap!, Definitely no need to pay if its all there to officially dl for free. I could have sworn it was the radio panel but that is not the case from what I see. Weird. Hopefully someone can help? I think Ralph is away until Tuesday so will have limited time to offer an answer, but hopefully soon. In the meantime I will ask my nurse for a 'steady pill' :D :lol:
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

jph

#14 Post by jph »

Just out of interest, do you have full access to the instrument code for the whole panel?. The paid one is closed code so no access. I wonder if there is a mistake in the listing and the paid is being offered for free. :?:
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Keith Baxter

#15 Post by Keith Baxter »

jph wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:49 pm Absolutely old chap!, Definitely no need to pay if its all there to officially dl for free. I could have sworn it was the radio panel but that is not the case from what I see. Weird. Hopefully someone can help? I think Ralph is away until Tuesday so will have limited time to offer an answer, but hopefully soon. In the meantime I will ask my nurse for a 'steady pill' :D :lol:
Joe
What? Is Ralph playing with cows udders again? :lol:

Keith
Last edited by Keith Baxter on Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

bigblip

#16 Post by bigblip »

jph wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:49 pm Absolutely old chap!, Definitely no need to pay if its all there to officially dl for free. I could have sworn it was the radio panel but that is not the case from what I see. Weird. Hopefully someone can help? I think Ralph is away until Tuesday so will have limited time to offer an answer, but hopefully soon. In the meantime I will ask my nurse for a 'steady pill' :D :lol:
Joe
No desperate rush to find out. I'm broke now and I'll still be broke in a week's time lol! I've been meaning to ask the question for a while now, so hanging on isn't going to kill me. Enjoy your pill!

jph

#17 Post by jph »

Keith Baxter wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:57 pm
Joe
What? Is Ralph playing with cows udders again? :lol:

Keith
:mrgreen: Hi Keith you old goat ;) it is strange that it is always an F1 weekend. I think he is a secret member of the orange army even though he wont admit it. :lol:

Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Sling

#18 Post by Sling »

bigblip wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:51 pm Unless I am being completely blind, I still can't see what the differences are, if any, between the free full HD panel and the premium panel. So my question still stands: what, if anything, would I get for my ten euros?
The panels you posted pictures of are all paid panels. You get them all as part of the paid package. The differences are either the radio stacks and/or that a particular one works with a particular add-on. There are actually 7 to select from. So the HD versions are essentially the same but to support different add ons. The others should be self explanatory by the name of each.

HD
Dual GNS
RXP GTN
Cessna 172SP Right seat
Dual G1000
Full HD (Simcoders - version 3)
Full HD (Airfoil labs - version 1.8)

Ralph

#19 Post by Ralph »

There are certainly differences. Tomorrow I'll explain.

Ralph

#20 Post by Ralph »

A couple of differences with the free panel:
- Comes as a complete panel with background, G1000, GNS and GTN750 layout.
- Works with default, Airfoil Labs and Simcoders REP.
- Animated instruments.
- Pop up fuel panel.
- Throttle and mixture control.
- X55 autopilot as in the default X-Plane Cessna 172.
- Full compatibility with RealityXP GNS's.

It's up to you if that's something you think you would need/want, you don't have to.