Different 172 panels

Latest Information on Sim Innovation's flagship product Air Manager

Moderators: russ, Ralph

bigblip

Different 172 panels

#1 Post by bigblip »

Hi, could someone please tell me what the difference is between the Cessna 172SP, 172SP AFL, 172SP REP and the Premium Panel? They appear to be identical. Is one better than the others and what does the Premium Panel offer that the others don't? Thanks.

Ralph

Re: Different 172 panels

#2 Post by Ralph »

There should be a little description when you select them that tells you what they are for.

bigblip

#3 Post by bigblip »

Thanks Ralph, but the descriptions are not that helpful!

172SP:
The Cessna 172SP panel lets you handle al the main controls from one panel. From powering your aircraft to full flight and instrument navigation. The panel is modeled after the popular Cessna 172 Skyhawk SP.

172SP AFL:
The Cessna 172SP panel lets you handle al the main controls from one panel. From powering your aircraft to full flight and instrument navigation. The panel is modeled after the popular Cessna 172 Skyhawk SP.

172SP REP:

Premium Panel:
The Cessna 172SP panel lets you handle al the main controls from one panel. From powering your aircraft to full flight and instrument navigation. High quality graphics, combined with animations and well coded instruments, make this panel into a high fidelity instrument setup.

jph

#4 Post by jph »

The 172sp is a basic panel
the AFL is for 'air foil labs' 172 which you would need to use to use the panel - paid add on.
the REP is for the 172 with the 'reality expansion pack' which is also a paid add on.
the premium panel is an extremely high quality complete Cessna panel from Sim Inno guys. Absolutely superb.

I have no idea about the AFL cessna but it is a paid add on so I would be highly unlikely to have used it ;)
I have used 'REP' but got a full refund.. :?

A google search on Cessna 172 AFL and Cessna 172 REP would have also produced results but I understand that it is a bit overwhelming at first.
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

bigblip

#5 Post by bigblip »

Thanks jph. I see now that if you click 'more information' on each listing it takes you to the less than useful descriptions, but if you double click on the listing, you're taken to a sub-selection of panels that are described in more detail. Not very intuitive!

The Full HD panel (free) looks absolutely identical to the premium panel, and this is really why I am asking - I can't see anything that says what further benefit I would get for 10 euros. Any idea?

Cheers.

jph

#6 Post by jph »

Hi, I have the Premium panel, it is superb. I am not at the Sim PC at the moment, but I think the difference is in the addition of the Full King Radio Stack / Nav / DME / Autopilot etc etc - possibly some other changes. ? (the lower panels) - also superb quality animation and programming.

Premium https://www.siminnovations.com/instrume ... ssna-172sp
Community panel without radio stack https://siminnovations.com/api4/panels/ ... review.png
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

bigblip

#7 Post by bigblip »

It all seems to be absolutely identical, but that's just from the screenshots of the Premium Panel, so there may well be performance or functional differences. I'd be happy to part with the ten euros, so if anyone can shed any light I'd be interested!

jph

#8 Post by jph »

bigblip wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:01 pm It all seems to be absolutely identical, but that's just from the screenshots of the Premium Panel, so there may well be performance or functional differences. I'd be happy to part with the ten euros, so if anyone can shed any light I'd be interested!
Did you not read what I posted above re Complete radio / nav / ap stack and lower panels ? - the radio stack alone is with many times that :)
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

bigblip

#9 Post by bigblip »

I did read it, thanks, and I am trying to explain that this all appears to be included in the free version! I've attached screenshots if you'd prefer to see it for yourself rather than take my word for it! ;)

The first image shows what I am currently using in Air Manager. It is the full HD panel, complete with full Bendix King stack, Collins ADF, AP, transponder, switch panel, ignition, throttle, mix, trim and flaps (animated) and pop up fuel selector (also animated). I did not pay for this. It is freely available to download through AM4. The second image shows the options I have when I click to download a panel. Note that none of these are payable addons, they are all free to download. The third is a screenshot of the premium panel.

Unless I am being completely blind, I still can't see what the differences are, if any, between the free full HD panel and the premium panel. So my question still stands: what, if anything, would I get for my ten euros?

Free Full HD.png
Options in AM4.png
Premium Panel.png

jph

#10 Post by jph »

bigblip wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:51 pm So my question still stands: what, if anything, would I get for my ten euros?
If that's the case then - as said, I am not at my sim PC, then apparantly what you would get is POORER :lol:
Joe. CISSP, MSc.