Moderators: russ, Ralph

DirkH

X-Plane11 GNS430/530 on 2nd Laptop

#1 Post by DirkH »

Posted 3 minutes ago
Hello,

sorry form y bad english

I need some help:
I’ve boughr AirManager V4 (PC-Vers) because the Android-Version told me, that the GNS430/530 Grafic only is shown in the PC Version.
The PC-Version and the normal Instruments where shown
But the Grafic is only „transparent“

In the Forum/YT-Help they say, that I have to undock the Panel and place it under the AirManagerOverlay.
The AirManager runs on a 2nd PC – a small Laptop (Lenovo Flex, because i want to use the Touchscreen)
So I can't open the GNS Panel in XPLane (PC 1) and drag it to the Laptop.
The "normal" cockpit and the instruments are running, but how do I get the Garmin display on the 2nd PC and then in the AirManager Panel?

PC:
I7-8700k, RTX2070S, 64GB, XPlane auf sep. SSD, 3 FHD 27“-Monitore an der RTX angeschlossen (kein Sourround)

Laptop:
Lenovo IdeaPad Flex5 (14Zoll), i3-1115-G4 , 8GB

Thanks for help

Dirk

Hallo

Ich brauche mal Hilfe

Ich habe mir nun Air Manager V4 für PC gekauft und wollte eigentlich das GNS530/430 auf einem Laptop darstellen, da dies in der
Android-Version nicht geht und dort auf die PC-Version verwiesen wird.

Leider bekomme ich das nicht hin.

Die Knöpfe vom GNS430/530 funktionieren, aber die Grafik wird nicht angezeigt.

Laut den Hilfen (Formum/Youtube&co) muss ich hier das Instrument vom „Cockpit lösen“ und dann unter das Panel-Overlay legen.

Nun läuft der Air Manager aber auf einem 2.PC – einem Lenovo Flex-Laptop, da dieser auch einen Touchscreen hat.

Das Fenster kann ich also nicht lösen und auf vom PC auf den Laptop ziehen.

Welche Möglichkeit habe ich hier?

Das „normale“ Cockpit und die Instrumente laufen, aber wie bekomme ich die Anzeige des Garmin auf den 2.Pc und dort in den AirManager?

Meine Ausstattung:

PC:
I7-8700k, RTX2070S, 64GB, XPlane auf sep. SSD, 3 FHD 27“-Monitore an der RTX angeschlossen (kein Sourround)

Laptop:
Lenovo IdeaPad Flex5 (14Zoll), i3-1115-G4 , 8GB

Danke vorab für eure Hilfe

Dirk

Sling

Re: X-Plane11 GNS430/530 on 2nd Laptop

#2 Post by Sling »

Hi,

You must have the sim and Air Manager running on the same machine for any overlay to work. There is a video on my YouTube channel (link below) that explains this.

Tony

DirkH

#3 Post by DirkH »

thank you for your info

then the AirManager for PC is not usable for me, because the Lenovo didnt have enough Power for XPLane
and I wanted to use the TouchPanel

Dirk

richdmoore

#4 Post by richdmoore »

I currently have an iMac, so I am in sort of the same boat, as macOS does not support touchscreens.

Right now I have resigned myself to using a second cheap windows nuc size box to run a touch screen with air manager. Unfortunately, like you above I can’t really use any “popout” displays with air manager.

For the 530, I would up buying a flight sim builder g530 unit. It works with my Mac, although I had to mess with the external screen settings to not get the display shifted. (I wish the build quality was better, but it works and is the only option I am aware of that will work with the Mac.)

I would love some kind of method to capture a window, then transmit it to an external computer to display. I am trying to think of solutions, such as airplay the window to an Apple TV, then hook the atv up to a capture card. Maybe I can do something with some kind of broadcast software and skip the hardware, not sure.

Obviously, X-Plane/macs 2020 native support to run multiple computers or even xboxs all in sync (other than external views) would be amazing, but is just a wish for now.

Sling

#5 Post by Sling »

Never really understood why Mac don't support or have bult-in touch screens. Especially considering Apple started the whole touch device revolution with the first Iphone. I guess they want to keep separation between their computing products with their mobile products. It's really annoying.

jph

#6 Post by jph »

Hi Dirk,
Why not run the touch monitor on the primary PC ? . the 2070 super supports 4 monitors.
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.