AM 3.0 BETA (windows + raspberry pi)

Latest Information on Sim Innovation's flagship product Air Manager

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Corjan

Re: AM 3.0 BETA (windows + raspberry pi)

#11 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

I finally got a new stable BETA version, number 13:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/16be2u72eyave ... N.zip?dl=0

This one should connect the the online store again, and allot of bugs have been resolved.

If you have received a license file from me before, you can simply run this setup and override the old BETA.
Please do remove the config.sqlite3 file from your "<user_dir>\Air Manager BETA\" folder before running this version.

If you don't have a license file, please sent me of Russ a PM on this forum with the HW id (Air Manager->License Information at the top menu) and we will give you a license file.

There is also a raspberry pi version, also let me or Russ know if you want that one.

Corjan

russ

#12 Post by russ »

For a license you can contact me by PM.

To speed things up just send your name , email address, and Hardware ID s so I can sent you the license.
Russ Barlow
Air Manager Evangelist

paulsharp100

#13 Post by paulsharp100 »

Hi there,

Been using AM for 12 months plus, recently started looking at forums.

I would be interested in helping out with beta.

I have reasonable home flight deck and limited LUA coding tweaks.

Sorry but I could not work out to PM, not sure if that makes me a bad beta candidate or not :)

rg77

#14 Post by rg77 »

very nice. Previous problems. Solved. I now have a very smooth experience.

do you have any documentation for the beta? Specifically using devices and adding switches/encoders to the pi?

I have my machine running my panel and have AM installed and licensed on that. Am I right in thinking I can edit my panels on another machine and send them to my panel PC? Or have I installed the wrong way around? Do I need a license for both PCs?

Ralph

#15 Post by Ralph »

There'll be a player app, which you can run a panel layout made on another machine. But that player app will also need a license file.
There's documentation on the hardware aspect of the Pi on our wiki, but it's outdated. We will update it soon. In 3 weeks there's a major show coming up (Itec), and we need to be ready for that, there's still loads of things to do, so things like updating the wiki are on a halt at the moment.

Corjan

#16 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

To clear things up.

There will be two applications.

Air Manager:
The same as what you are used to now.
This version can run on win, mac, lin.

Air Player:
A very lightweight application without any kind of GUI with only one task. Run panels.
This version can run on win, mac, lin and the Raspberry Pi.

You can push instruments and panels from Air Manager to Air Player.
When you have loaded the panels you want, the Air Player will remember these settings and execute them when you boot the program. There is no need for Air Manager after that point.
Air Player will also automatically connect the the flight simulator on your network and has aircraft switching (different panel when you fly a certain aircraft in your sim).

The Air Player on the raspberry pi has one extra feature, and that is that you can interact with it's I/O. We have extended the instrument API with additions function to make that possible.
http://siminnovations.com/wiki/index.ph ... I#Hardware

There will be a need for a license file for all applications. Pricing may differ, we are not 100% clear on that.

I hope this clears up things,

Corjan

rg77

#17 Post by rg77 »

Yes. Totally clear now.

Thanks

FoxOne42

#18 Post by FoxOne42 »

Hi Corjan and Russ,

I am a user for air manager for about a year now, and it is used for displaying the instrument of my R22 cockpit that I am currently building.
I am 100 % satisfied with the software, the only thing is that I have to use a dedicated separate computer to run it (I actually have 2 different screens). So since I heard that the new version (3.0) will be released with Raspberry feature, i am so looking forward to it.
I purchased a Raspberry Pi3 a couple of weeks ago to get familiar with it until the release, but I see that it might not come before Autumn this year. For that reason, I would really like to be part of the beta test of AM 3.0 especially the Raspberry feature as you may imagine.
I have tried to contact you guys through PM, put it looks like I don't have access to this feature as a new member of this forum. Also, the software to get the Computer seems to be not available anymore.
Is there a way you can send me the software or everything that is requested try this beta version ?

Thanks in advance.
Jerome

den4

#19 Post by den4 »

Installed beta to win8.1 laptop. Show/hide now working ok, connects to web store ok as well. Tried it with Twotter but some instruments do not display correctly, altimeter and altitude alert both show AH blue and brown colours!
Ran it for an hour monitoring cpu and memory usage. Started out at 4% and 200mb, after an hour it had gone to 50% cpu and 975 mb memory. At this point AM froze up then became very jerky and had to be restarted. On restart it would not find fsx, on same machine, and had to restart fsx to get it to connect- a real pain if I was in the middle of a flight.
It made no difference whether I was running at normal frame rate, about 30, or high, at 60fps, to this problem.
It would also be very useful if the AM main window could remember it's last position and size when opening up again. Is this possible?
Regards

Den

Ralph

#20 Post by Ralph »

It doesn't remember when it crashes. The Twin Otter panel won't run well, because the Lua script for 3.0 is a little bit different.
I'm not an expert, but it sounds like a memory leak. We're you running the Twin Otter panel or something else?