Installing AM 4.0

Latest Information on Sim Innovation's flagship product Air Manager

Moderators: russ, Ralph

DKitch

Installing AM 4.0

#1 Post by DKitch »

I currently am using AM 3.7. Do I need to uninstall 3.7 before installing 4.0 or will 4.0 install over 3.7 when activating the executable? Thanks for your help.
Dale K

Ralph

Re: Installing AM 4.0

#2 Post by Ralph »

Yes just run the installer. It will replace the 3.x files.
All instruments and configuration are in C:/users/your username/Air Manager/
If you want to make a backup, then you'll need this folder.

eloyrfs@gmail.com

#3 Post by eloyrfs@gmail.com »

Hi Ralph,

Is there a way to have the previous plugin? for some reason when I installed AM 4.0 and new plugin my windows 10 started acting wrongly. lost touch screen in my 3 screens I use for AM instruments. I still have the monitors available and can see the windows screens in them but no touch capabilities. I have re-checked the touch options using the calibration setup but still no touch capabilities for these 3 screens. Also my mouse pointer is acting strange hiding and blinking all the time. Windows prompted a warning when installing both AM4.0 and new plugin saying that publisher was not in their trusted list and I had to manually override to complete downloading/installation.
I went back and re-installed AM3.7 from the website but it is not working (I believe is because the new plugin?) when trying to open 3.7 it stays in the initial opening screen.
Thank you for your help,
Eloy

brodhaq

#4 Post by brodhaq »

Hello,
is it possible to use AM3.7 with AM4.0 on the same computer? I have no reason to upgrade all my AirPlayers (would be costly!), so I have no choice but to keep an AM3.7 alive for them. But I would also like to start playing with 4.0 without leaving the 3.7 for some period of time.

Thank you!
Pavel
Pavel Brodský
Prague, Czech Republic

Ralph

#5 Post by Ralph »

Not the release versions. You can run the 4.1 beta next to the 3.7 release version.