diy knobster

Latest Information on Sim Innovation's flagship product Air Manager

Moderators: russ, Ralph

daveppluk

Re: diy knobster

#11 Post by daveppluk »

Thank you Ralph is there any patiular you tube video you would recommend I study to help me getting knobster to work there is so many on the you tube channels you gave me .I am sorry to bother you on this I am not very technical on subjects like this and working with arduino is a totally new experience for me I thank you for all your help

Pkaser

#12 Post by Pkaser »

Fwiw: when I did the AM4 upgrade yesterday, my DIY Knobster timed out. I successfully flashed all my Leo's and UNOs no problem. I rebooted the machine and it then worked.

daveppluk

#13 Post by daveppluk »

Hi could you advice how your git your diy knobster to run I am totally new to this I have it seen in device but it will not work nor can it be seen in am4

Ralph

#14 Post by Ralph »

Follow the steps on our wiki or YouTube channel.

daveppluk

#15 Post by daveppluk »

Hi Ralph thank yoi fir your help I finally have it working I know need to get the knobster to control the radio settings is it possible to get this to happen if so how .? I added a radio instrument to my 172 from another aircraft the control turns yellow when I touch it but that it I cannot get it to rotate am I asking to much of the knobster

Thanks

Dave

Sling

#16 Post by Sling »

daveppluk wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 4:55 pm Hi Ralph thank yoi fir your help I finally have it working I know need to get the knobster to control the radio settings is it possible to get this to happen if so how .? I added a radio instrument to my 172 from another aircraft the control turns yellow when I touch it but that it I cannot get it to rotate am I asking to much of the knobster

Thanks

Dave
Is AM connected to the sim?

daveppluk

#17 Post by daveppluk »

Yes it is Ralph all other fuction on the panel work great is there a special radio instrument fir the c172 or should any one work

Thanks

Dave

Sling

#18 Post by Sling »

Dave,

If you are using a default c172 and not an add-on then it will use standard controls. Almost all of the AM radios use the standard commands/events unless they specifically say in the description they are for some particular add-on aircraft.

You haven’t said anywhere what sim this is for. If it’s FS2020 there is a fair chance that the instruments haven’t been updated to work with it yet or the required controls are not yet supported by the shocking MS SDK.

Tony

daveppluk

#19 Post by daveppluk »

Hi Tony it's for msfs 2020 all other controls work I just need a radio panel for the c172 that I can adjust the frequencies using knobster

Thanks

Dave

Ralph

#20 Post by Ralph »

Depends which instrument you're using. You'll need to specify the aircraft and instrument type.