AM 4.1

Latest Information on Sim Innovation's flagship product Air Manager

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Ralph

Re: AM 4.1

#11 Post by Ralph »

You can leave the beta as it is if you want. It'll update when there's a 4.1 beta for example. You can copy the content from the Air Manager BETA folder to the Air Manager folder
They're both in C:/users/your username/

Sling

#12 Post by Sling »

Corjan wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:10 pm Hi,

That is exactly what is happening when you update Air Manager, both major and minor releases.
It does not work between official and BETA releases for obvious reasons.

Corjan
Ah yes, sorry forgot to mention it was BETA to release. I understand why they are separated but perhaps what I mean is an easier way to get work done in the BEtA into the release for less experienced users. The BETA normally runs for a long time and often introduces new features that people start testing with new instruments and when the release happens they want this work transferred. Import/export can do most of this but there is still some setting up in the new version when using this. Things such as the aspect ratio I already mentioned in another post, hardware settings and user prosperity settings. Perhaps these can also be saved in the create/edit such that they all get saved when using import/export.

Just an idea to make things easier.

maak_pk

#13 Post by maak_pk »

hi
i am having problem while activating beta version and on website is showing no beta version available right now. is there any system upgrade going or beta is discontinued.
regards
maak

Corjan

#14 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

@Sling
To upgrade you can simply change the 'Air Manager BETA' to 'Air Manager' in the user folder, and you're done.
But note that the BETA is a BETA. It is used for testing. It should not be used as a system you can actually rely on, that should be a job for the official release version.

@maak_pk
Since AM 4.0 has been oficially released, we ended the AM 4.0 BETA. There will be a AM 4.1 in a couple of months with further improvements.

Corjan

jph

#15 Post by jph »

Hi @Corjan
Can I please ask that you also change the stepper option - VID66-06 to be a 'generic' - for any industry standard stepper controller using 'step' and 'direction' as the control mechanism/ (which around 99% do)
Or, perhaps add an additional 'generic industry standard' option that does the same ?
Joe.
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Corjan

#16 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

Makes sense, will do.

Corjan

jph

#17 Post by jph »

Corjan wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:02 am Hi,

Makes sense, will do.

Corjan
Thanks, much appreciated.
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Sling

#18 Post by Sling »

Small thing but useful in my opinion.

On the panel settings pane it makes more sense if the Knobster section immediately followed Window preferences so the knobster selection is with the Touch, Mouse selection rather than be separated by User properties and Hardware which can get quite big.

Ralph

#19 Post by Ralph »

Sounds good. I'll add it to the to do list.

Corjan

#20 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

On the audio side things will improve a bit with AM 4.1:
- On windows stereo finally works (not only left channel)
- Audio on Android will be implemented
- Support for MP3 files
- Support for 'sound_volume' function to control volume before or during playback

Corjan