AM 4.1

Latest Information on Sim Innovation's flagship product Air Manager

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Corjan

AM 4.1

#1 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

Since AM 4.0 has been release, it is time to look ahead.
Air Manager 4.1 will be a release where some long standing issues will be fixed and some of the internal code will be refactored to support additional platforms. Don't expect anything revolutionary.

FS2020 plugin will be rebuild
The plugin will be re-written and will have support for LVARS.

Rebuild character display logic
This code associated with the character displays will be re written. This will improve stability, will increase the number of chained MAX7219 displays and add support for the TM1637 chip.

Mono audio issue on Windows
Been a bug since AM 3.0 ;) Will finally be resolved.

Corjan

Keith Baxter

Re: AM 4.1

#2 Post by Keith Baxter »

Awesome news,

I will put a note out on the discord. If Ralph does not.

Question's
1) will the current Beta not just disappear and we loose all our work?

2) Can we still work in Beta 4 till funds are available to upgrade?

3) I see there is no Beta at the moment. Estimate when this will be?

4) Will the new update overwrite AM3.7 Or will it be separate.

5) Is the discount code sent to me in the mail unique to me or is it generic?

Great work guys. Looking forward to future dev.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Corjan

#3 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

1) The BETA will stop working when the BETA license expires (within a month). You can still export stuff to official AM using export/import or manual copying. Note that you should not rely too much on the BETA, since it will not be actively supported outside of development runs.

2) See question 1.

3) Not sure, when I near the end of development probably.

4) Yes, AM 4.0 will replace AM 3.7 and migrate its configuration and instruments etc..

Corjan

Keith Baxter

#4 Post by Keith Baxter »

Corjan wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:05 pm Hi,

1) The BETA will stop working when the BETA license expires (within a month). You can still export stuff to official AM using export/import or manual copying. Note that you should not rely too much on the BETA, since it will not be actively supported outside of development runs.

2) See question 1.

3) Not sure, when I near the end of development probably.

4) Yes, AM 4.0 will replace AM 3.7 and migrate its configuration and instruments etc..

Corjan
Thank you for the clarity Corjan.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Keith Baxter

#5 Post by Keith Baxter »

@Corjan ,

Can I save a backup copy of AM3.7 on another drive? Or will that also want to be over written?

Quite a lot of my instruments do not work on AM4 for various reasons so I would like to keep AM3.7 if possible.

Keith

Mike Horsten

#6 Post by Mike Horsten »

Corjan wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:25 pm Since AM 4.0 has been release, it is time to look ahead.

Rebuild character display logic
This code associated with the character displays will be re written. This will improve stability, will increase the number of chained MAX7219 displays and add support for the TM1637 chip.
Corjan
Corjan, THANK YOU for the future TM1637 support!!!!

Also is there a full list of all the improvements, bug fixes and other newbies for version 4.0 in compare to 3.7.x

Mike
Building a home Cessna 172SP Steam. X-plane/MFS2020
(ex Name on Airmanager forum Polarair)

Ralph

#7 Post by Ralph »

Sort of, but it's not complete, it has most of the major changes listed. http://siminnovations.com/wiki/index.ph ... ease_Notes

Sling

#8 Post by Sling »

If I can provide a bit of feedback on the upgrade process and perhaps something to consider for a future update.
For someone like me who has been through the upgrade process a few times before, the upgrade process in general is ok but I think for someone less familiar with the file structure and other backup methods, then I think the upgrade for them is a bit complicated. For everyone I think a very good update for AM would be a fool proof way of updating such that all settings and custom instruments/panels are automatically retained and ready for use when you launch the new version after upgrading.

Tony

Corjan

#9 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

That is exactly what is happening when you update Air Manager, both major and minor releases.
It does not work between official and BETA releases for obvious reasons.

Corjan

Avenger

#10 Post by Avenger »

Do I need to uninstall the beta before installing the 4.0 official release? I assume I have to export or copy over the panels if that is the case.