*** SOLVED *** Beta 35 screen resolution problem

Latest Information on Sim Innovation's flagship product Air Manager

Moderators: russ, Ralph

brlowe

*** SOLVED *** Beta 35 screen resolution problem

#1 Post by brlowe »

I have downloaded the latest beta 35 and I’m getting strange resolutions for 2 of my monitors.
If I select a panel and then select the drop down for show panel on display my Wimaxit display shows 2880x1620? It is a 1920x1080 display and that what windows shows.
My RSG GNS530 shows 960x720 and windows shows 640x480.
Any idea what is going on. My panels will not display correctly.
Last edited by brlowe on Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ralph

Re: Beta 35 screen resolution problem

#2 Post by Ralph »

Please note that there's a search function: https://siminnovations.com/forums/searc ... ubmit=Zoek

brlowe

Re: Beta 35 screen resolution problem

#3 Post by brlowe »

Ralph wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:25 am Please note that there's a search function: https://siminnovations.com/forums/searc ... ubmit=Zoek
I did try the search and did not find what I thought was the answer but now reading these threads you linked I found the issue.
My main monitor is a 55" 4K tv and I had scaling set on it but not on the Wimaxit monitor. So I turned that off and all but 1 of my panels worked. The bad one I had to delete and import again and it worked. No clue why on that but I'm sure it is me.
So in reading those posts more I found one about making a change in Compatibility to correct this so I tried that and it now it is working even with the scaling on the 4K tv set to 150%.

Ralph

Re: *** SOLVED *** Beta 35 screen resolution problem

#4 Post by Ralph »

Scaling almost always causes difficulties. Unfortunately there's no (easy) solution.