Sound Volume

Latest Information on Sim Innovation's flagship product Air Manager

Moderators: russ, Ralph

jph

Re: Sound Volume

#11 Post by jph »

Ralph wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:35 pm If you go the fancy route, then you pick an Arduino Due with a DAC, and use our Messageport library to create your own audio signal.
or - ;)

Add a few outputs from the AM API to control the digital inputs for this - job sorted - no need for message port. - Oooooooooo ! edit - not sure if you can control the volume directly without using serial - which you can control the volume digitally.... :oops: - but' it looks possible in workmode 101 without serial.............. need to play with it as the bishop said...
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000158 ... 4c4dAUL2eb
The world is then your crab, or was it oyster ?
I have both the 8Mb units and the SD card unit... one day I will plug them in and wire them up, but, it seems ideal.

Does AM have a serial output hidden away ? :mrgreen:

Whatever, even if messageport is needed, you probably don't need a DUE ;) a simple UNO would do the job, or a nano using software serial I would expect.
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

jph

#12 Post by jph »

Here are the two modules - the one on the right is the SD unit - this has a 1 GB sd card in it - the left one is 8Mb... both have 5 W amps.
Neat little units. ;)
mp3 sound modules.jpg
Deep joy. :) Cheap as chips................
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Pkaser

#13 Post by Pkaser »

I don't know I kind of think 25 Hertz is 25 Hertz no matter if it's Windows generating the tone or a DAC generating it. Plus Hardware can break where are wav files don't typically.

Like I said it's not a big deal I have a solution that works it's just not efficient but it's also not terrible. I just can't believe I'm the only person that's ever needed to adjust the volume of a sound after the object being created LOL.

I do applaud your creativity though...they all kind of seem like different colors of duct tape though lol.

sound_volume(<ID>, <new volume>) seemed like it would have been handy to developers, but I also understand the argument "why add it when you're the only one that has needed it...besides, it's just one more thing that can break in our codebase." I get it.

Ralph

#14 Post by Ralph »

I think that controlling the volume 'real time' might still be a nice addition, we'll consider it.

jph

#15 Post by jph »

Ralph wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:53 pm I think that controlling the volume 'real time' might still be a nice addition, we'll consider it.
Hi Ralph, I think that would be really really good to add and a super option.

Joe.
Joe. CISSP, MSc.