Flight Illusions Turn & Bank Coordinator GSA-069

Latest Information on Sim Innovation's flagship product Air Manager

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Ralph

Re: Flight Illusions Turn & Bank Coordinator GSA-069

#11 Post by Ralph »

Before I change it. Is it only the turn coordinator or also the slip that's reversed?

sogibm

#12 Post by sogibm »

Unfortunately, I'm at work now. I can't check until I get home.
No that's a whole different issue that I'm conversing with Matthijs (flight Illusions) about.
The ball doesn't move at all not even on power-up.
Mathijs suggested I change the CW CCW in their software, problem is I'm not using their software I'm using yours.

Ralph

#13 Post by Ralph »

If it is wrong in the script then I can easily change it. All I would have to know is for which of the two indicators.

sogibm

#14 Post by sogibm »

It's for the needle that looks like an airplane for the bank or turn.
Flight Illusions said I can do it in Gstep. That it stores it in memory and it's a one-time thing.
I don't think it's wrong in the script. I was using Gstep originally and just have to match it to what you have.
It would be a nice feature to do it all in Air manager maybe a setting in air manager that does the same thing CW or CCW.

Ralph

#15 Post by Ralph »

We want to keep Air Manager and Gstep clean from settings, as less as possible. If there is a setting, it is very likely that people start to tinker with it, and then there's risk of breaking stuff.

sogibm

#16 Post by sogibm »

I fixed the rotation with Gstep Just needed to change it from CW to CCW. Matthijs is sending me a new unit because the slip ball gear is moving but the ball is not.

aviatorGIO

#17 Post by aviatorGIO »

Hi! I am facing the same issue. FI turn indicator (the plane) is reversed in Air Manager 4. How that can be changed?
Thanks!

Ralph

#18 Post by Ralph »

Very weird again, (almost) sounds like they have multiple versions, because I know of someone who's using it with X-Plane (you're using X-Plane too right?) and it works for him. I might have to introduce a setting that lets you choose the direction.
But on the autopilot part, I don't think I can get that going very well. Even with their old software the autopilot didn't work well with X-Plane. The hardware autopilot turns on any mode you select, but often X-Plane doesn't follow because it doesn't want to in that 'state of flight'. As I've said to them, the hardware should follow the simulator, not the other way around. But the hardware is set up like this and it is not going to change.

aviatorGIO

#19 Post by aviatorGIO »

Thanks for the reply Ralph. I'm using it on Xplane11. Probably a selection of CCW or CW would be great. Don't know if that can be changed via the lua as well?

Ralph

#20 Post by Ralph »

Yes you can easily change it. But then I recommend to make a clone of the instrument first.