Air Manager 4.0 updater

Latest Information on Sim Innovation's flagship product Air Manager

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Helibrewer

Air Manager 4.0 updater

#1 Post by Helibrewer »

The updater downloads "setup.exe" which my virus scanner says contains: "Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml" and it gets quarantined. then removed. Same happens when manually downloading from the wiki....

Ralph

Re: Air Manager 4.0 updater

#2 Post by Ralph »

Just throw it into something like virustotal:
https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/009 ... db/summary

In the end it's up to you.

jph

#3 Post by jph »

Helibrewer wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:12 pm The updater downloads "setup.exe" which my virus scanner says contains: "Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml" and it gets quarantined. then removed. Same happens when manually downloading from the wiki....
which AV are you using ? - and as @Ralph says. do a realistic check on 'virustotal' the AV / real-time scanning is so damn sensitive these days that the rate of false positives is high.
What is really freaking annoying is when the AV 'removes' / quarantines the 'suspect' file without notice !. - it is sometimes desirable to turn it OFF ! - but, unfortunately, as much as I love 'defender' this cannot be done as disabling real time is automatically re enabled after a short time.

If you are using something like 'avast' etc, then shut down the real time scan shield - preferably permanently // :shock:
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Keith Baxter

#4 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi, @Corjan

I must say I have lost confidence in the AM update system ATM.

Of late I do not get update notices. Before AM used to notify me on startup that an update was available. NO MORE.

If it had not been for a few members having issues with knobster in BETA build 21, I would have not known of my long awaited fixes being already sorted and been "old grumpy" for much much longer.

It may be that a firewall is preventing these updates, but these firewall are necessary and a work around is necessary.

There is no indication that an update is available.
There is no option to inquire if an update is available.

Hope a solution can be found to this frustration.

Keith

EDIT: One of the issues I had was the plugin did not want to update. Kept getting permission refusal on the FS2020 bridge. Can we not remove all the FS2020 bridge stuff for those who do not want the MS rubbish? So like you have a windows and os option. Have a non MS2020 option.
Question... Can i delete the MS2020 bridge if I do not want it??
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

jph

#5 Post by jph »

Hi Keith, just FYI ..I very much doubt it is ever a firewall issue. This would not normally cause the issues you mention.

Firewall and AV are completely different aspects.
Cheers,

Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Keith Baxter

#6 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi

OK, Lets see. Corjan mentioned a knobster fix today.
I will post "IT UPDATED" if that update reaches me. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Sling

#7 Post by Sling »

Keith,

Just in case you are still having update issues we are now at BETA 22.

Keith Baxter

#8 Post by Keith Baxter »

Sling wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:01 am Keith,

Just in case you are still having update issues we are now at BETA 22.
Thank you Tony,

Yes still issue and on beta 21

Corjan is going to jump on my machine just now to investigate the xplane crashes. I will get him to look at the update issue at the same time.

Keith

Keith Baxter

#9 Post by Keith Baxter »

"IT UPDATED"

AM was booting from airmanager.exe instead from Bootloader.exe.

That one is now sorted. Thank you Corjan.

Keith

Sling

#10 Post by Sling »

I didn’t suggest that because Corjan advised that when you complained about it last time and I thought you changed it to boot loader then. Obviously not.