EGT Gauge on X-PLane

Latest Information on Sim Innovation's flagship product Air Manager

Moderators: russ, Ralph

pm1970

EGT Gauge on X-PLane

#1 Post by pm1970 »

Hi all

Does anybody already configured correctly the C172 EGT gauge with Airfoilabs C172 ?
I Noticed that when I change the Max value it seem to be correctly with the AFL C172 gauge when Mixture is FULL, but when I reduce the MIXTURE the needle of the Airmanager EGT drops much more than the one on the AFL C172.
Any Workaround for it ?
On the Airmanager egt gauge it says that it's AFL C172 compatible.

Thank you

Paulo Moreira

Ralph

Re: EGT Gauge on X-PLane

#2 Post by Ralph »

The gauge wasn't made for AFL I think, only for the default Cessna, so you'll have to make a custom version.

richdmoore

#3 Post by richdmoore »

I would love a mini tutorial showing how to find the proper settings for egt/fuel flow/etc in X-Plane and how to set them up to display correctly in air manager.

I would imagine you have to go into planemaker to find the min/max, and then set the air manager instrument?

JackZ

#4 Post by JackZ »

richdmoore wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:38 pm I would love a mini tutorial showing how to find the proper settings for egt/fuel flow/etc in X-Plane and how to set them up to display correctly in air manager.

I would imagine you have to go into planemaker to find the min/max, and then set the air manager instrument?
Don't know specifically about the AirfoilLabs, but for the REP versions of the Carenado planes, one has to find and use the specific custom datarefs made by Simcoders, so i suspect it is the same problem here.
You should probably head first to the AFL documentation and check for the proper custom Datarefs if ever, or to the AFL website/forum for more info on this.
I also suggest you use for this the DatarefEditor Tool and search for something like AFL

It is then a matter of replacing the subscription datarefs in the logic.lua, and sometimes adjust the values if the units are different from the original ones.

Jacques
My YouTube Chanel on the A320 (Real SOPs by an Airline Pilot IRL):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 0Q6SBASRqJ

Ralph

#5 Post by Ralph »

As Jacques says, planemaker is not involved.