Panel Requests?

Latest Information on Sim Innovation's flagship product Air Manager

Moderators: russ, Ralph

kevinmdavis2010

Panel Requests?

#1 Post by kevinmdavis2010 »

Good Morning,
I'm learning to fly a light sport aircraft in FS2020, which is obviously not in the panel shop of Air Manager. With that being said, is there a way to submit requests for panel designs from the community here? I've looked at the user guide, and the XML coding process is way beyond me. Any help you can provide is appreciated.
Regards,
Kevin Davis

Ralph

Re: Panel Requests?

#2 Post by Ralph »

Scripting is not in XML but Lua. Maybe I do not speak for everyone in the community, but it's not just a matter of saying 'Hey make this'. Creating instruments and complete panels takes hours and hours of time. There must at least be some compensation.

Sling

#3 Post by Sling »

Welcome to the forum.

Air Manager does not operate xml gauges. Xml is used to code instruments and avionics for use directly in the sim. Air Manager operates outside of the sim and can even be on a different computer. It uses the Lua scripting language along with its own API that makes creating your own instruments easy and fun. You’ve come to the right place to start your instrument and panel development journey.

For starters be sure to check out the Sim Innovations wiki site and the API tutorial video series linked in my signature below.

ericrolfe

#4 Post by ericrolfe »

kevinmdavis2010 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:47 am Good Morning,
I'm learning to fly a light sport aircraft in FS2020, which is obviously not in the panel shop of Air Manager. With that being said, is there a way to submit requests for panel designs from the community here? I've looked at the user guide, and the XML coding process is way beyond me. Any help you can provide is appreciated.
Regards,
Kevin Davis
Can you describe the panel you are trying to create?
It may be possible to make a reasonable facsimile using already existing community instruments.

Cheers,
Eric

kevinmdavis2010

#5 Post by kevinmdavis2010 »

Ralph wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:08 am Scripting is not in XML but Lua. Maybe I do not speak for everyone in the community, but it's not just a matter of saying 'Hey make this'. Creating instruments and complete panels takes hours and hours of time. There must at least be some compensation.
Hi Ralph,
I would be perfectly fine paying someone to make the panel. I apologize for any confusion.
Regards,
Kevin Davis

kevinmdavis2010

#6 Post by kevinmdavis2010 »

Hi Eric,
I'm looking to make a panel for the Jabiru J-170 Light Sport Aircraft from IRIS Simulations.
ericrolfe wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:50 pm
kevinmdavis2010 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:47 am Good Morning,
Regards,
Kevin Davis
Can you describe the panel you are trying to create?
It may be possible to make a reasonable facsimile using already existing community instruments.

Cheers,
Eric

ericrolfe

#7 Post by ericrolfe »

kevinmdavis2010 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:48 am Hi Eric,
I'm looking to make a panel for the Jabiru J-170 Light Sport Aircraft from IRIS Simulations.
According to their website, there are four possible panels that are available for that aircraft.
The one pictured on the website shows five flight instruments, four of which are standard. The fifth is some sort of electronic flight instrument.
There's also a tablet display, some engine instruments, and some sort of autopilot.

I think more details on each of these would be necessary to see if there are reasonably close matches in the instrument library.

For the tablet, your best bet might be to purchase the ForeFlight app for your iPad, and then connect it to MSFS.

Do you have a yoke? Throttle quadrant? Do you want any controls represented on your panel?

This sounds like a fun project!
image.png