Access Local variables in FS2020

Latest Information on Sim Innovation's flagship product Air Manager

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Ralph

Re: Access Local variables in FS2020

#11 Post by Ralph »

It is indeed possible, but you'll have to mess with XML scripts, that's not the way we want to go. The events are there in their SDK, so they should work. It's so frustrating that they don't give any priority to it :) Instead they focus on 'crap' like scenery, getting VR to work before they even have DX12 support, etc... Priorities guys!

JackZ

#12 Post by JackZ »

« Priorities Guys », that’s the best inside joke of the year Ralph!
:lol:
My YouTube Chanel on the A320 (Real SOPs by an Airline Pilot IRL):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 0Q6SBASRqJ

pmb

#13 Post by pmb »

I just installed the beta on my networked laptop and the plugins on the main machine. In Air Manager, I only see one panel (the blank one :lol:) marked as FS-2020-compatible. Aside the question of a G1000, which may be difficult to do and need time, is there any panel (even an elementary one with perhaps a couple of gauges) ready just to test it in the present beta?

I looked though the forum but didin't come up with a definitive answer.

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

pmb

#14 Post by pmb »

Just answering my own contribution. I found I can select the blank panel and there are MSFS ready instruments for it. Thus, I may an elementary C172 sixpack wich was really easy and it connected and ran fine over the network with MSFS running on the main machine. :D

This was a pleasent experience and I'm ready to take part in the MSFS - Air Manager ride from this point. Originally, I bought Air Manager for AeroflyFS2 time ago which, unfortunately, never really materialized. Thus, I have a working license already which I would like to leverage in MSFS (would be prepared to pay for an update if required).

You guys are definitely doing a great work.

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

Ralph

#15 Post by Ralph »

It comes with 19 pre-made panels to my counting. But you can of course also create your own.

pmb

#16 Post by pmb »

In the Beta 4.0 which I use the (BETA 14) the only panel marked as "FS" is the blank one. Do I miss something? All the others are FSX, P3D, and/or XP.

Kind regards, Michael

Keith Baxter

#17 Post by Keith Baxter »

pmb wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:17 am In the Beta 4.0 which I use the (BETA 14) the only panel marked as "FS" is the blank one. Do I miss something? All the others are FSX, P3D, and/or XP.

Kind regards, Michael
Hi Michael,

Sorry for the good news. You missed nothing.
I am sure with time there will be more.

You could always clone a instrument and make it compatible for FS2020 yourself. We all do that and make adjustments to style etc That is the power of Air Manager.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Ralph

#18 Post by Ralph »

The panels aren't updated indeed, but you can generally ignore that. It's still a beta :)

pmb

#19 Post by pmb »

Thanks guys, as I said I will follow progress closely. I was actually amazed how flawless Air Manager (even the beta) works right now.

Kind regards, Michael