Touch Screen Generic Button Instrument?

Latest Information on Sim Innovation's flagship product Air Manager

Moderators: russ, Ralph

auditdata

Touch Screen Generic Button Instrument?

#1 Post by auditdata »

Hi, I have been working on the above for two weeks and thanks to fantastic help from forum members I have achieved what I wanted. It has a json file user configurable to allocate the number of buttons, the image to show, command or dataref to use and dataref type and values. It is crude as I am no programmer but it works. For a while I have wanted a better way to initiate actions in the sim without having to remember all the keyboard shortcuts. This might be it. Works great on a mini PC with touch screen. Not sure if it will work on an iPad which would be a great advantage. One illustrious forum member is looking at making it more easily configurable. So I have a couple of questions.
1. Is it likely to be useful? 2. Is it not really an Air Manager product and should it be a new standalone product with easy configuration with pull downs and image drop for buttons? 3. Given that people on here are Air Manager users where else might I ask the question?
Screen shot. I fly the FF A320 so a lot of buttons in my configuration are for that.
Screenshot 2020-07-02 at 12.08.02.jpg

Keith Baxter

Re: Touch Screen Generic Button Instrument?

#2 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi

Yes it is definitely something that will go down well. As we speak I am creating a .JSON with all the xplane commands so that one has the option to recreate a stack of keyboards. I have done over 800 commands so far. Should be completed in a day or so.

Your instrument is awesome for what you set out to do. Perhaps we could collaborate and take it to the next level where there are many more pages.
I have a 10.1" tablet sized screen that I am going to base the instrument on. I think that is what you did. Let me complete the .JSON and then I will knock up how I foresee the instrument without the need for user properties so that it can be used on ipad and android.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Keith Baxter

Re: Touch Screen Generic Button Instrument?

#3 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi,

I want to add.
I would like to make this .JSON as comprehensive as possible. I would also like to include any "CUSTON" commands for xplane. I do not have other sim's so unfortunately fsx and the others will have to be done by someone else.

When all the STD xplane commands have been loaded I will add the ZIBO 737 ones then make it available for testing and debugging for errors.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card