How to run air manager with Xlua? "find_dataref".

Latest Information on Sim Innovation's flagship product Air Manager

Moderators: russ, Ralph

miner_tom

How to run air manager with Xlua? "find_dataref".

#1 Post by miner_tom »

I am having a bit of difficulty running scripts with the "find_dataref" command. My understanding is that basic LUA does not interpret that command but that Xlua does.

I have done experiments when Air manager is not running and found that yes, Xlua understands "find_dataref" but FlyWithLua does not.

However, I have difficulty in getting Air Manager to run with Xlua. I do need to run Air Manager because I am using the Arduino to accept input from an old Yoke etc. (rotary encoders). But I need Air Manager to run a LUA interpreter that understands "find_dataref"

In fact, now that I am on about it, I have difficulty getting to run a script in Air Manager from a directory not of "it's" own choosing.

Thank You
Tom

Sling

Re: How to run air manager with Xlua? "find_dataref".

#2 Post by Sling »

Hi,

find_dataref will be a specific thing used in a certain API. Each API will likely have it’s own version. It’s certainly not part of standard Lua. You could re-code. Not at my machine right now but pretty sure I have xLua, FlyWithLua, AM, SASL and Gizmo all running on my sim rig.

Tony

miner_tom

#3 Post by miner_tom »

Thank you for your quick reply.

I don't have a problem with re-coding. Perhaps I made this more difficult that it should have been.

All that I need to do is to find the value of a particular dataref at startup. Then I use that value to set the initial value of the dataref that I want it to be . Is there another way to do that? Probably be much easier than what I had in mind.

Thanks Again.
Tom

Sling

#4 Post by Sling »

That’s a piece of cake with AM as long as the dataref is writeable. Not all are.