Premium overheadpanel Zibo B737-800x

Latest Information on Sim Innovation's flagship product Air Manager

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Keith Baxter

Re: Premium overheadpanel Zibo B737-800x

#31 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi John,

Thank you for taking the time and effort to compile a spread sheet of issues you are having. I will go through them today and check against my instrument and revert here.
What you have done has given a clear indication of what to check.

Thank you

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Keith Baxter

#32 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi John.

Before I start chasing the tail of a cat I want to make sure of a few things.

1) Your zibo installation. When you updated to 3.41full. You deleted ALL the files except for the liveries file and replaced with all the files except the liveries file.
OR did you just over wright the exsisting files in the folder with the new ones?

If you did the latter then I want you to delete these three files when xplane is NOT running
B738X_apt.dat
B738X_gate.dat
B738Xmw.dat

Then restart xplane and let me know if that has fixed any of your issues.

2) You have the latest AM plugin installed in xplane v3.1

3) We are talking about AM3.7 final with the latest patches updated.

John I have tested three panels (Panel Column 1) (Lower Horizontal Panel) (Panel Column 3) and all is working my side. That would indicate a faulty zibo update. Please recheck
Thanks

Keith

EDIT: You might want to delete the old zibo (saving any liveries and plugins you may have) and extract the download again. DO NOT USE THE UPDATER.
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

SimPassion

#33 Post by SimPassion »

Hi John

I just read your posts and seen your spreadsheet at the moment, thanks again for building the list
I would second Keith for additional advice he already made
so, let us know at first the result after making a clean re install of the ZiboMod : the huge amount of issue make us think there would be something weird in the background

The spreadsheet indicates you're using AM 3.7 / X-Plane 11.41 / ZiboMod 3_42 Full (should be a straight new install without overwriting any previous, already specified by Keith)
What is the AM 3.7 you are using : 3.7 Final Fix 1 or 3.7 Beta 32 ?

additionally, I would also make a full backup of the whole X-Plane folder in a safe location, then update to 11.50b9 which is rather almost stable at the moment
and recheck AM with ZiboMod

Gilles

SimPassion

#34 Post by SimPassion »

This would also be an indication that would comfort us in our thinking :

Code: Select all

Electrical Power Display			AC Volts stuck on "99"
and also this one :

Code: Select all

Landing Light L Fixed			No sw. movement, AM or Zibo
Landing Light R Fixed			No sw. movement, AM or Zibo
Gilles

image.png
image.png (2.9 KiB) Viewed 3040 times
Attachments
image.png
image.png (1.5 KiB) Viewed 3048 times

Keith Baxter

#35 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi John,

The more I test and read your spreadsheet I am inclined to think it is the plugin.

Please reinstall v3.1 here

http://siminnovations.com/wiki/index.ph ... 2._Install

Keith

Drjinsb

#36 Post by Drjinsb »

Gilles, Keith,

Responding to your queries and suggestions:

I'm running two X-Plane versions, 3.42.1 and in another folder, 11.50b9. Both are current and functioning well with no apparent bugs in the OHP especially, but in general too. They are both configured with AM v.3.7 with the two recent patches and re-installed Air Plugin v. 3.1. The latest Zibo (3.42.full) was installed fresh after deleting the previous B738-800X folder.

I removed the B738X_ apt, gate and mw .dat files, ran both XP versions with no change in the problems described in the spreadsheet.

Gilles, I'm not sure why you are interested in the landing lights and electrical power display. I was intrigued by the absence of CCW rotation and movement of the rotary switches and the non-moving AM toggle switches.

That these problems appeared with the latest AM patches and the Zibo 3.42 Full update is also interesting. It appears the cursor mapping on the OHP is fine but the actions, once the cursor arrives, have been affected.

Cheers to you both.

John

SimPassion

#37 Post by SimPassion »

Hi John @Drjinsb

your spreadsheet stated no move of Land Light SW in Zibo which shouldn't occurs at first
so, at first I would check the ZiboMod install
ensure XLUA is not running elsewhere outside the ZiboMod itself

Could you please load a flight with the ZiboMod then exit X-Plane and put your X-Plane Log.tx attached in a post after this ?

Gilles

[EDIT] Reformulated steps to post log.txt

Here's the steps :
  • Launch X-Plane
  • Load ZiboMod by clicking <Start Flight> button
  • Don't do anything else
  • Exit X-Plane
  • Attach your Log.txt to a new post

Drjinsb

#38 Post by Drjinsb »

Log.rtf
(46.86 KiB) Downloaded 199 times
Attached is Log.txt file.
Log.rtf
(46.86 KiB) Downloaded 199 times
The forum post page doesn't like *.txt files so it's sent in *.rtf instead.

Drjinsb

#39 Post by Drjinsb »

To clarify: On Zibo the dual landing light switches function normally. When I click and drag them with the cursor in AM, neither the AM nor the Zibo switches move.
AM on boot up shows the older landing light arrangement of 4 switches, 2 fixed and 2 retractable. This changes to 2 fixed (LED) when X-Plane loads with Zibo.

Keith Baxter

#40 Post by Keith Baxter »

@Drjinsb
Hi John,

I have sent you a PM that includes a link to my overhead. Please test that panel and revert if the issues you are having with the paid version are the same on that instrument. If so then we know that the issue is not the paid panel but something else.

Keith