Air Manager 4.0

Latest Information on Sim Innovation's flagship product Air Manager

Moderators: russ, Ralph

doog

Re: Air Manager 4.0

#71 Post by doog »

Ralph wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:09 am Check your firewall... Or the plugin has stopped. No guarantees at this moment.
Disabled firewall and it still doesn't work. I guess I'll wait.

aparsons671

#72 Post by aparsons671 »

check to see that your FS2020BridgeService is running in the task manager
if it is (which is good), turn it off by right clicking on it then click STOP...wait 60sec or longer then START it again...if you do this too fast, it tends to not be effective
TaskManager with FS2020 Bridge Service Highlighted
TaskManager with FS2020 Bridge Service Highlighted
Once you have that, check to see if your firewall is disabled on BOTH computers if running networked

If the above doesn't work, see if AirManager runs locally on the same computer as FS with a test panel. Since it's beta and not tied to your actual registration, this is quick and easy step to try
Show AM4.0b11 connected to FS2020 via plugin
Show AM4.0b11 connected to FS2020 via plugin
image.png (4.83 KiB) Viewed 5242 times
If the last one doesn't work, you have an issue with the FS install itself as you don't need much to make the plugin work locally...

doog

#73 Post by doog »

Thanks for your reply. The bridge service is indeed running, firewalls are off and airmanager 4 beta is running on the same machine as fs2020. Airmanager says connected to FS2020 just like if your screenshot. No instruments move though, and test panel nothing moves as well.

Ralph

#74 Post by Ralph »

Note that not all instruments are compatible with FS2020. Please be patient.

jonnycat

#75 Post by jonnycat »

Will an Air Manager 3 license transfer to Air Manager 4, or will another purchase be required?

aparsons671

#76 Post by aparsons671 »

doog wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:44 am Thanks for your reply. The bridge service is indeed running, firewalls are off and airmanager 4 beta is running on the same machine as fs2020. Airmanager says connected to FS2020 just like if your screenshot. No instruments move though, and test panel nothing moves as well.
make sure you have updated all the instruments you desire from their 3.7 versions that may be already on your machine to the new versions online...Ralph helped me with this before...

in AM 4.0 go to create-edit page
then click download button
Create-Edit Page Download button
Create-Edit Page Download button
then click INSTRUMENTS selection top left
click ALL INSTRUMENTS filter in the list lower left
DOWNLOAD screen
DOWNLOAD screen
Now scroll through all the instruments you have where it says DELETE
click the DELETE buttons and then the DOWNLOAD buttons that replace them...best to do them one by one

Any of the instruments that are on the server that have been updated for FS2020 will now have their new versions instead

Manual conversion of gauges that have not been updated from FSX/P3D are simple

go to the create-edit screen, find the gauge in the left list and select it
right-click and then select CLONE in the pop-up menu

now find the cloned gauge at the top of the list with the little black person silhouette next to it and select it

if multiple tabs on the right side, you're usually looking into the logic.lua file for the next bits

find the lines that say fsx_variable_subscribe(......) and copy the whole thing making sure you have the ( and ) both ends as per the picture
FSX Variable Subscription selected
FSX Variable Subscription selected
paste the text you copied, then change the "fsx" to "fs2020" and leave the rest as is
FS2020 Variable subscription added
FS2020 Variable subscription added
run your gauge by clicking on the green arrow at the top bar to test it out

doog

#77 Post by doog »

That worked! Thanks so much.

Now if I could just get the knobster working.

Virtual-Chris

#78 Post by Virtual-Chris »

Hi, I'm very interested in this product, as I run a couple of small 12" 1080p touch screens in my cockpit... but none of the G1000 overlays I could find worked. But the three I found looked to be made by the community for X-Plane.

Are there G1000 overlay panels for PFD/MFD that is part of the product? Did I miss them? Or is this something the community will have to step-up and port or create?

I will certainly buy a copy of this app when I can get my Grand Caravan G1000 working on my touchscreens.

Ralph

#79 Post by Ralph »

It's a bit unclear to me. Are you trying to make them work with X-Plane or a different simulator?

Virtual-Chris

#80 Post by Virtual-Chris »

Ralph wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:47 pm It's a bit unclear to me. Are you trying to make them work with X-Plane or a different simulator?
I'm hoping to use them with MSFS 2020. I thought that was what this thread is about. I see there's a forum on MSFS... viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2767

I'll post there instead.