Air Manager 4.0

Latest Information on Sim Innovation's flagship product Air Manager

Moderators: russ, Ralph

oldFlyer

Re: Air Manager 4.0

#101 Post by oldFlyer »

Thanks for the prompt (and tactful) reply Keith.

Dohh.. there wasn't that much to read on there, and that crucial bit was quite prominent ! :oops:

All working great now, fantastic product....

Keith Baxter

#102 Post by Keith Baxter »

oldFlyer wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:59 pm Thanks for the prompt (and tactful) reply Keith.

Dohh.. there wasn't that much to read on there, and that crucial bit was quite prominent ! :oops:

All working great now, fantastic product....
Hi,

No worries. I know this very well. I to got stumped when AM4 beta first came out. :lol:

Hope to hear more from you as you as you start developing your own instruments.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Ralph

#103 Post by Ralph »

I'm probably telling this to people about 5 times a day. I even made a red highlighted message. What does it take for people to read? :)

Sling

#104 Post by Sling »

Ok so i only just needed to add instruments to a new panel today with the new way the beta is laid out and i found it extremely difficuly to select the correct instruments from the list. Previously i could only select from instruments already in my create/edit list now i get to choose from a massive list that mixes all my instruments in with the online instruments. I can no longer see which instruments are tagged as personal either so it makes it guess work to pick the right one. This really has to be fixed because it makes creating a panel so much longer and is a backward step IMHO.

My suggestions to make this easier and more user friendly.

Allow us to choose between showing just our create/edit list and the full online list.
Show the personal tag (head and shoulders icon) where applicable.
It would be useful if we could see the instrument info from this window.

Sling

#105 Post by Sling »

No prizes for guessing what i've been up to today. Its damn hot outside, so i'm inside with the aircon on and doing some instrument enhancements that i've been putting off for a while.

I think this has been reported before but its still not fixed.

In the code editor the syntax highlighting for AM functions within library files are not working. So all AM functions are shown as white rather than the correct magenta colour.

Everything is fine in the main Logic.lua its just library files that are incorrect.

Tony

Corjan

#106 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

Good points. Will have a look at those issues next week.

We unified the installed and available instruments to make is easier for most people. You don't have to go back and forth between the online and panels tab anymore.

Corjan

Sling

#107 Post by Sling »

Corjan wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:34 am Hi,

Good points. Will have a look at those issues next week.

We unified the installed and available instruments to make is easier for most people. You don't have to go back and forth between the online and panels tab anymore.

Corjan
Thanks. Yes I agree not having to go back and forth is cleaner. We just need better ways to filter out what we are looking for. When there are lots of similar instruments with either the same or similar titles it needs other ways to filter the list. I think what I suggested would certainly help.

Sling

#108 Post by Sling »

@Corjan

Did any of the stuff i flagged about adding instruments and the library file highlighting get fixed?

In addition to those I've also noticed some issue's with the instrument preview in the settings pane of the home tab when an instrument is selected. No images appear and next to where the image should be the arcraft type is listed twice. once in bold then again below it not in bold.

Corjan

#109 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

Made some improvements that might help get to the personal instruments faster:
- Personal instruments now show up on the top of the list
- You can type "personal" in the filter box to get only the personal instruments
- An icon is present showing it is personal

Also noticed the preview image issue, that has also been resolved,

Corjan

Sling

#110 Post by Sling »

Thanks Corjan. Am I correct in assuming that these fixes will be in the next beta?