Arduino Nano: compatible AM 3.x?

Latest Information on Sim Innovation's flagship product Air Manager

Moderators: russ, Ralph

JackZ

Arduino Nano: compatible AM 3.x?

#1 Post by JackZ »

Hello to all.
The title says all: is AM 3.x compatible with Arduino Nano which has a smaller form factor than the Uno but the same PIC AtMega 328p?

Would be a nice addition for a limited numbers of buttons/encoders interacting with AM

Jacques
My YouTube Chanel on the A320 (Real SOPs by an Airline Pilot IRL):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 0Q6SBASRqJ

alioth

Re: Arduino Nano: compatible AM 3.x?

#2 Post by alioth »

I was going to ask the same!!

Because I read in doc:
"Arduino MEGA 2560, Arduino Uno and Arduino Nano models are supported, other Arduino models will not work.
Arduino's are supported from Air Manager 3.0 or Air Player 1.0 ."

But I just try to install a nano and there is only option mega/uno...

And I have built the engine monitor chasis to fit a nano!

Sling

#3 Post by Sling »

The wiki says it is. I know the Nano was only added recently so you may need the latest beta for it to work. Makes sense for it to be in there because it's really small and ideal for embedding into projects.

Tony

WillemijnL

#4 Post by WillemijnL »

I received three nano's a couple of days ago. One is already running as a I2C-master with the new AM message port library. Both nano and message port are added in AM 3.1. I'm now running AM 3.2. In the device tab the nano appears as "Arduino Mega 2560". In Lua I'm referencing to "ARDUINO_MEGA2560_B". It all works, but it is a bit confusing. I've two I2C LCD 16x2 displays connected. They are already displaying the frequencies. I'm now adding buttons and rotary encoders to complete a prototype of a radio panel. The other nano's are meant to run as I2C slaves in the future.

Because of the question I have tried to install the "arduino program" on one of the nano's with the "Arduino Uno" option. They both have the same microcontroller (ATmega328P). But with no success. It won't install (avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding / avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x68).

@Ralph: I have "cheap" nano's v3.0 with the CH340 USB to serial chip instead of the FTDI chip. Found yesterday a cheap one with FTDI chip, also in a dutch webshop. Want to order that one too to compare them.

Willemijn

Ralph

#5 Post by Ralph »

Maybe Corjan forgot to add it to the Arduino installer. Do you have the latest version of the Arduino installer? It might have to wait until the beginning of February.

alioth

#6 Post by alioth »

I have been using a (compatible) nano for some weeks with success.
Now it does not work.
I can install the Nano room (It says it is correct uploaded), but Air manager doesnt find it in the devices window (it always appears as desconnected). In Beta doesn't work either

I dont now exactly when it stops working. If it was in some air manager/plugin etc.. update, or something :(

Arduino UNO works fine.

Arturo.