Multiple licenses

Latest Information on Sim Innovation's flagship product Air Manager

Moderators: russ, Ralph

brlowe

Multiple licenses

#1 Post by brlowe »

I have purchased 2 copies of AirManager to use on my 2 computers.
I have no problems on my main computer but my Sim computer asks me to activate every time I start up Air Manager.
Any idea why this is happening or how to fix it? Is it going to cause a problem at some point?

Ralph

Re: Multiple licenses

#2 Post by Ralph »

Can you send your log.txt to info@siminnovations.com?
It's in C:/users/your username/Air Manager/

brlowe

#3 Post by brlowe »

I will send it as soon as that computer is back up and running. It is getting a small upgrade but life has side tracked me. Should be later this weekend.

brlowe

#4 Post by brlowe »

Well it is going to be a while before I get back at this. That computer had a new motherboard fail on me. Now I have to get a replacement and rebuild it. So I will let you know.

brlowe

#5 Post by brlowe »

Ok I finally got my computer fixed, new motherboard and case later.
No reinstalls of software but now when I start Air Manager on that is says not activated and when I go to activate it both my licenses are used.
How do I get the one license reset?
What info do I need, Computer names or MAC address?

Ralph

#6 Post by Ralph »

Please see our wiki for user guides.
http://siminnovations.com/wiki/index.ph ... ense_reset

brlowe

#7 Post by brlowe »

Thank you for the link. I was able to reset the license on my second computer.
I will now watch and see if I still have the issue I started this thread with and if I do I will post the log info requested.

brlowe

#8 Post by brlowe »

I think I figured out what I was doing to mess up my license on my second computer.
I do my panel work on my main computer, like making panels and instruments and then I copy the Air Manager folder under users over to the other computer so it has all the same stuff. I just noticed yesterday that this is when the license would get messed up on the second computer. So I looked and see that their is a license file under there. So next time I do that I will skip some of the files and hope it cures my issue.

cgytm

#9 Post by cgytm »

Thanks! Helpfully for others as I was going to do the same! Will follow you.
Normand Choinière, Québec, Canada, French speaking.

Tetrachromat

#10 Post by Tetrachromat »

brlowe wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:32 pm I think I figured out what I was doing to mess up my license on my second computer.
I do my panel work on my main computer, like making panels and instruments and then I copy the Air Manager folder under users over to the other computer so it has all the same stuff. I just noticed yesterday that this is when the license would get messed up on the second computer. So I looked and see that their is a license file under there. So next time I do that I will skip some of the files and hope it cures my issue.
Hi, there is an export and import feature in AirManager. I recommend using this instead of copying folders around.

You can export/importsingle instruments/panels or collections of them. It works without issues.

Paul