Community panels & insturments online

General company announcements

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Corjan

Community panels & insturments online

#1 Post by Corjan »

Hey,

Finally, we have a decent system to view available community panels & instruments (incl. searching).
https://siminnovations.com/community-panels

Quite useless for people already Air Manager, but I thought I just let you know anyways :)

Corjan

SimPassion

Re: Community panels & insturments online

#2 Post by SimPassion »

Just found by chance this thread
Perhaps a temporary solution to be informed on newest instruments updates/releases ...

Could the filter be enhanced with let say "NEWEST UPDATES/RELEASES" ?

Gilles

SimPassion

#3 Post by SimPassion »

SimPassion wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:03 pm Just found by chance this thread
Perhaps a temporary solution to be informed on newest instruments updates/releases ...

Could the filter be enhanced with let say "NEWEST UPDATES/RELEASES" ?

Gilles
Not sure if this is too complicated to be achieved ?

Gilles

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

That's quite a big development because it would require some kind of database structure to do this properly. This is not going to make it to 4.0.

SimPassion

#5 Post by SimPassion »

Ralph wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:07 am That's quite a big development because it would require some kind of database structure to do this properly. This is not going to make it to 4.0.
Just to be sure @Ralph we are all synced, the target is the SI commercial site and not AM 4.0 : https://siminnovations.com/community-panels ;-)

Gilles

jph

#6 Post by jph »

Hi Gilles,
How do you propose that the quality standards or the suitability of a commercial offering is decided ? - and by whom ?
Do you believe, for example. that Sim inno has the absolute final say for any 'offering' to be available commercially on THEIR site for THEIR program ?

or, perhaps, that there should be a separate site where 'commercial' (meaning quite simply people wanting to charge for their offerings) being available from an outside source ?
Imho the two scenarios above, are, by their very nature mutually exclusive.

If the second option was adopted, then again , how could ANY support be offered by @Ralph and @Corjan and the team for third party stuff that had not passed their acceptability / rules / quality standards ?

Is it even appropriate for Sim Inno to ALLOW non vetted and accepted items for even NON commercial publication ?

I would suggest that it is the sole responsibility of Sim inno to allow or deny offerings based on their standards. - non commercial OR commercial - especially commercial.

A third party site ? - for example the xp-org 'store' is a classic example of what NOT to do and how to denigrate the product and severely lower the standards.

Would be interested in your perspective ?
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Ralph

#7 Post by Ralph »

I think that if it would make it to the website, it should be in the application as well. Maybe in one of the 4.x versions.

jph

#8 Post by jph »

Ralph wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:35 am I think that if it would make it to the website, it should be in the application as well. Maybe in one of the 4.x versions.
Exactly @Ralph . that is the crux of what I mean.
it is the stipulations or guidance or rules etc as to HOW ' it would make it to the website' that seems to be confusing some. (yet can be fairly obvious when you look at the actual offerings that are plain for all to see)
It is a VERY difficult subject. People work hard within their own abilities and may produce something they believe is really good, but, it is simply not marketable by the standards you set. Or simply not even appropriate for community download whether AM normal or Android. They have to be acceptable to YOU guys.
I don't know how you can stipulate definitive rules as sometimes subjectivity on behalf of the submitter overrides objectivity on behalf of the standard you NEED to maintain.
this appears to come up from time to time though - and is then prolonged - - unfortunately ! often over several years ! :shock: - . I don't personally think that, for one minute, you have to justify what you accept or decline. it is your program, your site and your choice. It is also extremely hard and really difficult to say to someone who has spent a hell of a long time and effort that the result is simply not good enough.
I would think that most people would look at your commercial panels / offerings and be able to judge for themselves ? - but... rock and hard place etc......
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

dedalos

#9 Post by dedalos »

Hi i see in Airmanager that the number of online instrumments increases. But how can i see which are the new instruments. i think i option to see the date of the uploads is very usefull.
Thanks

Sling

#10 Post by Sling »

That feature has been asked for before but nothing yet. I agree being able to sort by date added is just what’s needed.