Xbox MSFS 2020

General company announcements

Moderators: russ, Ralph

richdmoore

Xbox MSFS 2020

#1 Post by richdmoore »

I just wanted to check on something now that it’s official the MSFS will release the end of July on the Xbox series controllers.

Currently, air manager requires a helper app or plugin to interface with the pc version, right? (I use X-Plane on a Mac, so not sure about the pc side).

If so, I assume compatibility will be impossible, without Microsoft's specific help/support, which is doubtful.

Ralph

Re: Xbox MSFS 2020

#2 Post by Ralph »

There will be no Xbox version, but I also don't think the Xbox version is made for that purpose. It is probably made for gaming.

richdmoore

#3 Post by richdmoore »

I just wanted to close the loop. I have used the Xbox version of MSFS today, and it is really, really good running the base simulator (much better than when I tried to run it with bootcamp iMac.) Flight control hardware such as yokes needs to have an xbox security chip, so needless to say good control setups are lacking currently.

Obviously, there is no way to interface air manager, which is a shame, and I can really imagine some good setups if the xbox could use air manager/trackir/fsuipc and other apps we take for granted on the pc version.

I really think having this on the xbox will pick up demand for the PC version (to remove limitations, and use specialized hardware like the saitek radio panels) and perhaps eventually advanced software such as air manager. Obviously it will take time.

jph

#4 Post by jph »

richdmoore wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:44 pm I just wanted to close the loop. I have used the Xbox version of MSFS today, and it is really, really good running the base simulator (much better than when I tried to run it with bootcamp iMac.) Flight control hardware such as yokes needs to have an xbox security chip, so needless to say good control setups are lacking currently.

Obviously, there is no way to interface air manager, which is a shame, and I can really imagine some good setups if the xbox could use air manager/trackir/fsuipc and other apps we take for granted on the pc version.

I really think having this on the xbox will pick up demand for the PC version (to remove limitations, and use specialized hardware like the saitek radio panels) and perhaps eventually advanced software such as air manager. Obviously it will take time.
Why would you think that the xbox version use would lead to a pick up of demand for the pc version ????? - the PC version is being dumbed down to the lowest common denominator - the XBOX. You HAVE to realise that the sim hardware / external interfacing market is extremely niche. Also, there is no multi monitor support in fs2020, and there almost certainly never will be - I would say there definitely never will be. MS promise the Earth and deliver some small asteroid. They always have.
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Ralph

#5 Post by Ralph »

There's no simconnect for Xbox as far I can see, so no go for now.