Server issues

General company announcements

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Ralph

Server issues

#1 Post by Ralph »

Hostgator is at it again. We decided last week that we're gonna move to a Dutch hosting provider called Servada. There we'll have a scalable VPS and lots of bandwidth. Hopefully our troubled days will then be over.
The move is gonna happen somewhere this month, we don't have an exact date yet.

Keith Baxter

Re: Server issues

#2 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi,

Yes It is extremely slow yesterday and today. Thought it was just me.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Sling

#3 Post by Sling »

Yes it’s been really bad this last week. While on this topic Ralph do you have a copy of the API pages that could be used offline. It’s not always your end that is the issue. I’ve had a few internet outages and I know Keith has also had his problems. It would be nice to be able to refer to the API when working offline. I suppose I could create one if not but will probably be far easier for you.

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

We've moved to a new server (VPS) today. On our computer going to a page on the website is now almost instant. The server is in the Netherlands, so we're having an advantage there, but we think that it'll do a lot better in general.

Mike Horsten

#5 Post by Mike Horsten »

Sling wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:31 pm Yes it’s been really bad this last week. While on this topic Ralph do you have a copy of the API pages that could be used offline. It’s not always your end that is the issue. I’ve had a few internet outages and I know Keith has also had his problems. It would be nice to be able to refer to the API when working offline. I suppose I could create one if not but will probably be far easier for you.
There is software that will download the whole site. They you can have the whole site of parts offline.

Mike
Building a home Cessna 172SP Steam. X-plane/MFS2020
(ex Name on Airmanager forum Polarair)

furballsim

#6 Post by furballsim »

Just so you're aware - I can't seem to download the Air Player Raspberry Pi image - getting an error from the web server.

Ralph

#7 Post by Ralph »

The server handled 178 GB of data yesterday, it was peaking at nearly 100% CPU. We had the option to get an extra core, but that wasn't necessary. We're glad that we moved away from Hostgator :)