New Discord for AM developers and users

General company announcements

Moderators: russ, Ralph

stickandrudder

New Discord for AM developers and users

#1 Post by stickandrudder »

Hi! (Moderators, please delete this if it is ill suited to post here)

@Keith Baxter has set up a discord server for the development of different AM instruments. It`s meant to be a collaborative community that can help eachother with programming and testing.

So if you want to join:
Click here to join the fun

Since both me and Keith are working on Garmin products we thought it would be a good idea to cooperate and help each other. The community on discord will focus on developing stuff who is free to use(See rule number 10)

We hope and believe this will further enrich the SI community and make a nice supplement to this forum :)

Rules:
1) Any pilot or developer as well as Air Manager followers and subscribers may join the server
2) Push to talk is not generally required in the voice rooms BUT it is required in the "Live on air" and "Group Flight Rooms"
3) Relevant and related information, text and video may be posted in to the Chat sections provided
4) We give and expect common decency and respect to and from all members on this server
5) We will kick and ban you if you cause strife amongst the members or simply cannot behave yourself.
6) Please try and keep posts on this server in the relevant topic sections, this includes screenshots and videos
7) We are all adults here and we understand that foul language is sometimes used BUT let it be the exception and not the rule. We really do not want it in general language on this server. Also please respect the name of Jesus, it is not a swearword and not acceptable to use here as one.
8) If you do not visit this server, at least once every 30 days, you will be kicked and will have to reapply for membership.
9) No promotion of any other server, group or VA other than the approved ones are allowed. Any post failing to comply might be removed without notice.
10) All data, coding and sources shared are done so without rights. They become open source and available for non comercial use.

These rules may be changed without notice at any time.
Last edited by stickandrudder on Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jph

Re: New Discord for AM developers and users

#2 Post by jph »

An interesting thing to do.... and potentially good.................................

but........... Jeeez !

stickandrudder wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:26 pm Rules:

7) We are all adults here and we understand that foul language is sometimes used BUT let it be the exception and not the rule. We really do not want it in general language on this server. Also please respect the name of Jesus, it is not a swearword and not acceptable to use here as one.
These rules may be changed without notice at any time.
What the Feck ?? - obviously you can chose your own rules for your thread / subset etc.. but the above is a bit (well totally) OTT to say the least ! :shock:
Can someone use 'Allah' instead ? - or maybe Jehovah ? or Zeus, Hera, Athena, Apollo, Poseidon, Ares, Artemis, Demeter, Osiris, Atum, Shu, Tefnut, Geb, Nut, Isis, Nephthys, Set. ?
or any other of the many allegedly - totally - fictitious characters ?
Maybe post a picture of the discarded 'watchtower' magazine pedalled by allegedly deluded cult members. ????...
Jesus Crize.... :? :roll:
The world has gone freeking mad.

"respect the name of Jesus" ????????????

Jesus ! :o What about the name of 'Frank' ???? as in 'Frank Buck for that'................ or the deity 'Gordon' as in 'Gordon Bennet', Maybe the high priestess 'Nora' - as in 'Bloody Nora !'

By Zeus, TOTALLY amazing.
Inshallah.. logic will HOPEFULLY prevail...
:roll:

Also, the last bit --- "These rules may be changed without notice at any time."

Completely negated any of the previous... errrm - 'rules'.. If you implement 'rules' that people accept when they join, then moderation and sensibility is the way to enforce said rules. not - simply changing them without notice.
Again, of course, you can do what you want, however, religious ideology focussing on a specific allegedly fictitious deity is going a bit too far -- imho - of course...
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Keith Baxter

#3 Post by Keith Baxter »

Joe,

Those are the rules bud.

I am not religious in any way and this server is most certainly not either. There is no discrimination what so ever. Any hint of that will be appropriately dealt with like it is done here.

There is no obligation to join and you can come and go as you please.

I have been very careful to protect the business of SI. AM is an amazing product and i have offered them to take over the server should they so wish. They may want to at some stage and change everything. That is for them to decide. This server is not a bug reporting avenue. It is not expected of SI to constantly monitor issues. Those comments on the server will be policed and referred back here.

This is something I am trying. If it works then good for all. We can have a better informed AM users and some amazing instruments emerging that will be free for those that do not have the skills.

Hopefully it is a + for the community.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

jph

#4 Post by jph »

Keith, I admire what you are doing my friend, - just please remove the 'rule 7' bible clause..... for god's sake. you will put off far more than will join with that simple - seemingly - misguided statement. I agree, I am totally UN religious. I am old enough and sensible.
Seriously I DO admire and respect what the actual aim is, just not the wording of your cohort. It is simply not needed and insults the intelligence of many - if not most - outside the 'bible belt'
Genuine regards Keith and I wish you the best, just please dump the 'section 7' wording... :(

As for the 'religious mentions'
About sums it up.... :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cnn2aGV ... lmacatrane

Ho Hum................ ;)
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

jph

#5 Post by jph »

Hey Keith, lets delete this whole thread eh ?.
Your other thread post was to the point and didn't contain 'bible belt' errrm, propaganda and misguided opinions.
As said, I really do think what you are planning is ace.
Just lose the jesus' cult stuff as it has no place in your superb work - or rules !.... banning 'religious' bs - IN TOTAL - etc, is great, but, specifying a single deity out of hundreds is 'not the best approach'.. to say the least.

Jesus.. It is a dilema..

Joe.
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

stickandrudder

#6 Post by stickandrudder »

A day after joining the server I now know how to draw vector maps. This is a huge steg in the right way for the G600 I am creating. Last night I knew nothing about .shp files and drawing using for loops. Now I just drew this:
earth.JPG
Not bad for ca 40 lines of code

After "kicking the ball around" with Keith, I now have plenty ideas on how to do this going forward :)

Corjan

#7 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

With a lot of help from Keith no doubt :)

Nice initiative, starting a discord channel, hopefully many people with gather and exchange information.

I'll try to check in once in a while,

Corjan

Keith Baxter

#8 Post by Keith Baxter »

Corjan wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:29 pm I'll try to check in once in a while,

Corjan
Always welcome Corjan and the pop in and odd comment i am sure will be appreciated by all.
As I promise, and state again. I give you guys the rights to take control of this server should you so wish. No more on that.

On a lighter note:
You got another map guy to hound you for extra data and features now. :lol:

@stickandrudder Glad you got the heads up on vector maps in AM. You caught on very fast. No doubt vector maps will become a yawn in a few weeks.

Keith
Last edited by Keith Baxter on Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Keith Baxter

#9 Post by Keith Baxter »

As an add on,
I am looking into (streaming/pod casting) on some days of the week /month etc
This Depends on available guests and demand.

The gist is to invite hosts to share various instrument creations, where live Q&A is possible.
This could be once off streams or a series. Streams replay will be available from a torrent and available to ones personal download. Demand and participation will be king

Offerings to volunteer to be one of those guests to share something to the community, be it simple coding or a series, will be enthusiastically entertained . I am open to concept and timing. It will be your time spot.
You know where i am so msg me if you are willing and have anything to contribute.

Keith

brlowe

#10 Post by brlowe »

The invite link in the first post has expired, can we get a new link?
I would like to join, not sure I will have a lot to offer but I may learn just from watching what is going on.
I have lots of interest in making panels for FS2020.