Ralph's New Name

General company announcements

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Keith Baxter

Ralph's New Name

#1 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi,

:mrgreen:
I have given Our dear friend Ralph a new forum name.

For his ability to make things disappear and reappear, and for invisible buttons and dials.

Welcome SI version of

MERLIN

AA_merlin.gif
AA_merlin.gif (1.84 MiB) Viewed 12137 times

Keith
Last edited by Keith Baxter on Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

jph

Re: Ralph's New Name

#2 Post by jph »

The best engine ever developed - Spitfire - Hurricane - Mosquito - Lancaster - P51 etc etc .... :D

A throbbing powerhouse. :lol:
merlin.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfl6Lu3 ... medyGreats
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Keith Baxter

#3 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi Joe,

I have the stl files for that.
Going to print it next year.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

jph

#4 Post by jph »

Hi Keith, It is truly a thing of absolute Beauty. There is nothing like the sound or sight of the Rolls Royce Merlin. I am old enough to remember the many, many that were left after WW2 and used on a regular basis, long before the current preservation of a few. When I was a kid in the 60's, you could still buy parts, brand new in the box, even complete engines never used.
The sight and sound of something like a Spit' or especially a twin like the Mossy, or a quad like the Lancaster bomber flying over was absolutely awe inspiring and a symphony to the ears, and even felt through the very fibre of the body. It made the hair stand on end.
In the 60's you could still walk around and climb into ANY of them, you could stand next to them when they fired up the Merlins. I always wanted one. I - seriously - actually had the chance in the 70's to buy one for a very good price, but when I went to see it, it was way bigger than I imagined as I had only seen in installed in the airframe. So it was not to be. I of course, now, wished I had bought it as it was new in the crate.

I would REALLY appreciate the STL files Keith !.. that would be absolutely awesome.

I wish there was still an Airfix large scale kit for the beast, but sadly, I cannot find one. _ seem to remember there used to be.

The STL for 3DP or resin would be amazing.
A man of taste Mr Keith ! :mrgreen:

I bow to your exquisite taste
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Ralph

#5 Post by Ralph »

I wouldn't compare myself to that beast of an engine, I'm way too slow for that ;) But maybe the wizard... What did I do this time? :shock: :lol:

jph

#6 Post by jph »

Ralph wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:48 pm I wouldn't compare myself to that beast of an engine, I'm way too slow for that ;) But maybe the wizard... What did I do this time? :shock: :lol:
Maybe the 'ring buffer' ? :D

A sort of 'round table' with King Arthur --- Corjan...................... :mrgreen:

Very worthy of a place in Camelot.
Joe. CISSP, MSc.