Will this kill air manager?

General company announcements

Moderators: russ, Ralph

jph

Re: Will this kill air manager?

#11 Post by jph »

Sling wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:08 am
Ralph wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:38 am @Sling Preferably yes. But that's not exactly what we said. We said that we do not want to have premium panels that rely solely on pop-outs.
I understand. I did mean premium panels. Can you explain what you mean by solely in this context because to me solely implies the panel only uses pop-outs and nothing more but i suspect you don't mean solely but perhaps something else. Can you give some examples of acceptable and not acceptacle pop-out use for a premium panel just for clarity.

Tony
Hi Tony, Perhaps I am misunderstanding, and if so, I apologise in advance. My understanding is - (to me obviously lol ) fairly self explanatory.
If the MAIN computational effort is in the 'pop out' then the rest can be simply a surround. This is not premium. the is an overlay for something highly complex.
For me - it may well be different for others - an fmc surround that consists - for example - of an overlay of buttons BUT relies on the central computing within the sim to react and action the button presses is nothing more than an overlay with the 'pop out' being something that does the main work (probably 95%) .. IF you wrote the code that was actually the FMC core, then that is premium.

IMHO of course.

Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Amerix

#12 Post by Amerix »

Sling wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:25 pm Anyhow I thought the idea was to try and move away from panels using pop-outs because of these issues and the added support questions.
Sling, that's the idea, but to eliminate the 3d panel, I can only advance the longitudinal view. Non-elegant solution. And the screens don't save in the previous position... anyway, my HC project continues via X-Plane.

Amerix

#13 Post by Amerix »

aparsons671 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:03 am actually, with the pop-out screen and AMs arduino capabilities...

I agree with you and I know all the procedures you mentioned. I make my instruments, I use Arduino and everything else. But I disagree with the word "simple". The screens do not maintain position between the flight sections. There is no how to eliminate the 3d cabin (?). Garmin do not have a track up/ heading up, that is, the FS was launched prematurely, full of errors, the planes fly horribly ... but it is beautiful. Today, it only serves for my 12 year old grandson to "play". Tomorrow... who knows?

Amerix

#14 Post by Amerix »

jph wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:57 am Am I missing something here ?
This is a guy (the youtube vid)
This comment of yours was a pearl. How polite and inspiring in just a few sentences.

Amerix

#15 Post by Amerix »

Ralph wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:16 pm As far as I know FS2020...
Thanks Ralph, again. I didn't realize the procedure until I saw the video.
Last edited by Amerix on Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sling

#16 Post by Sling »

Amerix wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:19 pm Sling, that's the idea, but to eliminate the 3d panel, I can only advance the longitudinal view. Non-elegant solution. And the screens don't save in the previous position... anyway, my HC project continues via X-Plane.
I think you mis-interpreted what I was asking. I am referring to Air Manager Premium panels (not individual instruments) and not related to the sim views at all. I am just seeking someone clarity from SI on what and what’s not acceptable for a premium panel.

I agree at present FS2020 is just a game and not something you could use to base an AM based home cockpit around. Like you I’m sticking with Xplane.

Tony

Amerix

#17 Post by Amerix »

Sling wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:11 pm
Amerix wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:19 pm
I think you mis-interpreted...
Sorry man, my mistake. As for X-Plane, yes, it remains my option, even after downloading the long-awaited "patch" from MSFS which, in my view, was 16 GB of perfumery.

Sling

#18 Post by Sling »

Amerix wrote: even after downloading the long-awaited "patch" from MSFS which, in my view, was 16 GB of perfumery.
:lol: :lol: That’s Microsoft for you.

Ralph

#19 Post by Ralph »

We don't want premium panels that need pop-outs to function. There can be a layout that relies on pop-outs that's fine, but the base panel shouldn't.
Take the Cessna 172 panel for example, the base version does not rely on pop-outs, but there is a G1000 layout. That's fine. The reason for this being that people who do not have the knowledge/skills/IQ to mess with pop-outs, don't have to.

Sling

#20 Post by Sling »

Thanks Ralph that clears it up and it’s something I wish we had discussed earlier. P2006T is the same as the C172 in this regard. Some of the others too. I’ll have a re-think.